**This role requires 100% travel. Applicants can be located anywhere in the United States.**
Terrasmart is the leading turn-key solution provider for solar mounting systems. We design, engineer, manufacture, and install solar mounting systems for commercial and utility scale projects. As a specialist in ground mount, roof mount, and custom designed specialty solar structures, we focus on providing best-in-class solar racking systems and project management capabilities to serve owners and integrators.
Terrasmart is an exciting and dynamic place to work, with a wide range of career opportunities. If you are looking to have a meaningful career with purpose, it's time to consider joining the Terrasmart team!
The Testing Technician I is responsible for assisting in pre-construction soil and foundation testing. Values collected during testing are used in the design and installation of steel pile foundations for solar PV module racking.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Duties)
- Assist in the performance of load testing on driven steel piles and/or screw steel piles while adhering to internal engineering standards.
- Record load testing data using a tablet or other computerized devices.
- Survey test locations using handheld GPS device.
- Collect soil samples for analysis.
- Adhere to OSHA and internal safety standards for equipment operation where applicable.
- Document issues while on project sites that could impact cost, design, engineering, and installation.
- Travel to projects nationally from assigned hub.
- Demonstrate positive team behavior that contributes to efficiency, productivity, safety, and quality.
- Complete all required or directed training, certification, licensing, and other learning and development as assigned.
- Abide by all Federal, State, and local laws; uphold and maintain accountability to all Company policy.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Perform project site visits to review and document conditions as well as provide feasibility assessments.
- Drive up to a one-ton sized truck while towing a trailer loaded with equipment.
In addition to the accountabilities listed above, individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary accountability satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Additionally, the physical demands and the work environment typically encountered are listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education / Experience (an equivalent combination of education and/or experience)
Associate Degree in Science, Civil or Construction Management preferred but not required.
1+ Years Experience in Civil or Construction Industry
1+ Years Experience in Heavy equipment operation
Familiarity of the Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, iOS, Google Earth, blueprints
Licenses / Certifications
OSHA 30, Valid Driver's License
- Able to work outdoors in uncovered areas exposed to varying elements, allergens, weather conditions, temperatures, and wildlife.
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend, or twisting at the waist, and walk on uneven, graded, or slippery ground condition.
- Able to stand to for up to 10 hours per day.
- Able to lift and carry up to 60 lbs. unassisted.
- Able to be routinely exposed to loud noises (100+ dB).
- Able to work in sustained extreme temperatures (hot and cold).
- Able to communicate effectively with coworkers and managers.
Environment: Field Conditions
- Outstanding Employee Benefits Package: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, 401(k) with company match
- Meaningful Work in the Renewable Energy Industry
- Team-oriented culture
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
- Work/Life Balance
Please visit our website to learn more about our organization: https://www.terrasmart.com/
Integrity and excellence are at the heart of everything we do. Our focus is on hiring and developing the best talent available and creating a rewarding, challenging and safe workplace for everyone. We are a team-based organization. We listen carefully to our people and to our clients so we can build an organization that meets their needs and exceeds their expectations. We are committed to our customers and our employees and helping them grow to their fullest potential. Surpassing our competition has made us the industry leader; a position we will strive to enhance.
EEO and ADA
Terrasmart is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status or any other status protected by applicable law. Terrasmart complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and all applicable state or local laws and will consider reasonable accommodation measures that may be necessary for eligible applicants and employees. If you believe you need an accommodation, refer any such request to the Human Resources Department.