McDermott's Engineering and Construction Division has an opening for Commissioning Specialist, to be site based at one of our multi-billion dollar EPC projects here in the U.S. Responsible for the supporting site execution of Pre-commissioning, Commissioning, Start-up and Operations.
- Support of commissioning and start-up of an assigned scope of work in a McDermott project including specific complex deliverables such as development of a detailed commissioning and startup plan and schedule.
- Assist in preparation of the project execution plans, cost estimates, subcontracts requirements and risk management.
- Support commissioning team in both home office and field, coordinate final handover to client and provides assistance to client operations for the startup and performance testing of facilities.
- Assists with training other commissioning specialist by providing instruction on new technologies and/or a specialization.
- Maintains and promotes a focus on McDermott’s end product whether engineering, fabrication or construction. Ensures effective communications between engineering, construction and project management.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent GED)
- Minimum 10 years' in an Operators and/or Supervisor role in Process and Utility Operations
- Minimum 10 years' in a Petrochemical Industry with Commissioning, Start Up, and Operations.
- Experience in Gas Plant or Ethylene Operations that include Pre-commissioning, Commissioning, Start Up, and Continuous Operations.
- Experience in home office for systemization, design reviews, procedure and/or manual development.
- Standard MS Office software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
- Technical Certification or Associates level degree
- Prefer experience process operations for Ethylene or Gas Plants
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of commissioning
- Able to effectively communicate complex technical solutions and concepts to engineers and non-engineers
- Experience in home office for systemization, design reviews, procedure and/or manual development
- Standard MS Office software (i.e. MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Visio).
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to lead meetings and presentations.
The position will start out at our home office Houston, Texas location and then be mobilized to the site in Port Arthur, TX.
Company Overview: McDermott is a premier, fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trusted McDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutions—from the wellhead to the storage tank—to transport and transform oil and gas into the products the world needs today.
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Houston
Employee Status: Direct / Regular
Job Posting: Jul 30, 2018, 11:27:53 AM