As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will support the design, development and fabrication of space launch vehicles and components to support human spaceflight programs. This is a hands-on position that requires strong communication, organization, planning, and inventory skills. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Maintain inventory in accordance with company policies. To include proper labeling, storage, handling, and packaging. To include temperature and time sensitive materials
- Perform cycle and annual inventory counts in accordance with count schedule. Research discrepancies in cycle and inventory counts
- Kit parts to work orders following daily work order pick schedule. To include physically pulling, packaging, labeling and electronically transacting parts from inventory
- Research shorts and mis-picks daily to verify proper inventory
- Inspect and receive parts returning to stock from work orders
- Work with Quality and Purchasing teams to resolve items with procurement and quality issues
- Follow up with purchase team for returns (warranty, RMA)
- Operate company equipment, e.g. electric pallet jacks, various size forklifts, common hand tools, and computer equipment
- Deliver kits and parts to staging and individual work cell areas as required
- Maintain clean and safe work areas following company policies and industry best practices (5 S)
- Inspect and verify incoming shipments to the facility. Must be able to work with shipping and receiving department to inspect and receive larger items that will not be stored in common inventory areas
- Help in the coordination of shipping to and from the facility for out plant processing work
- Work directly with planning and purchasing teams to ensure all daily requirements are met with each job. If materials are not in house for the work order, the stockroom attendant will inform the appropriate party
- 5-7+ years of experience within the manufacture industry.
- Associates Degree or High school diploma.
- Must be able to read and take direction in English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Costpoint, and familiar with Inventory software (i.e. Maximo, Peoplesoft, etc)
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. and work extended periods in various climates and conditions (freezer, outdoors, hazardous, clean, etc..)
- Ability to work above 8 feet.
- Ability to work different shift as needed.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends and travel on occasion
- Based upon job duties, may need to work in various areas that may cause exposure to fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals (well below OSHA and ACGIH exposure guidelines), outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and/or be part of a hearing conservation program due to noise levels around certain equipment.
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Experience with ERP systems
- Ability to handle multiple decisions based on workload dispersion, program priorities and management and customer decisions
- Strong interpersonal skills including excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong math and analytical skills to solve problems
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
SST is a national skilled trade staffing provider.