We are looking for an Ammonia Refrigeration Technician to join our team!
*Job runs from April 30th - May 30th.
Hours are 7:00am-7:30pm (188 Regular hours and 52 OT hours)
- Role: Inspect, operate and maintain industrial ammonia refrigeration equipment and components. Maintain all utilities of non-production related equipment
- Includes boilers, compressors, hot water systems, HVAC, & major electrical systems (switchgear) up to and including 480 volts.
Qualifications and Education
All applicants must have 2 years of industrial ammonia refrigeration experience. All applicants must be at least 18 years of age, and be capable of passing a HAZMAT physical, & pass an annual SCBA fit test. Applicants should possess basic computing skills. Applicant must possess a high school diploma or its equivalent. EOE, Pay dependent on skill level and performance.
- CIRO and have passed RETA Level I and Level II Training Class and Exam
- Basic Requirements
All employees will conduct themselves in a safe, professional manner. Communications through email and mobile devices, as well as written and verbal communications are required. Performance standards include but are not limited to good housekeeping, record keeping, PPE, dependability, GMP & OSHA compliance, positive attitude, self-discipline, flexibility, and willingness to learn. Must be able to work 12 hour shifts, including scheduled shut-downs, nights, weekends, and holidays, as well as on-call.
- Shift differential payment for employees working off-shift. Additionally we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Life Insurance, and Pro-rated Vacation
- Must be able to pass a Background check and Chemical Screen
Training (company provided)
- Hot Work Permit, HazWoper, LOTO, Confined Space, PSM, and basic Theory
- Universal EPA Certification
- Laser Shaft Alignment
- Pipe Fitting
Physical & Mental Demands
- Be able to quickly respond and/or evacuate in the event of emergencies
- Be able to respond to various plant calls and audible and visual alarms
- Be willing to work any shift schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Be willing and able to adhere to all GMPs and grooming requirements for a food manufacturing environment
- Bend knees for routine lifting and climbing
- Lift up to 50 lbs. without assistance
- Recognize, avoid, and report hazards, safety warnings, and barriers
- Climb and balance on ladders and structures
- Reach above and away from your body
- Demonstrate manual dexterity
- Understand and carry out oral instructions
- Read, understand, and carry out written instructions
- Work at varied heights
- Work in cramped quarters
- Work in areas with high noise levels
- Must be able to perform physical task for extended periods of time including: standing, walking, sitting, climbing, bending, pushing, pulling, and twisting over surfaces
- Operate equipment and power tools
- Assemble and disassemble objects
- Work inside & outside
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Apply craft related mathematics
- Train others on utility systems such as engine rooms, freezers. glycol flow, boiler controls, etc.
- Work any assignment as directed by supervisor
- Work overtime as assigned by supervisor
- Be willing and able to adhere to all safety standards and wear all necessary personal protective equipment
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $20.39 to $27.18 /hour
- Ammonia Refrigeration Technician: 2 years (Preferred)