Tradesmen International is immediately hiring experienced First Class Shipfitters for projects located in and around Newport News, VA. This is a full time opportunity with a pay range of $38-45/hour based on experience plus $120/Per Diem to Travelers 60+ miles from the job site. If you are a Shipfitter, and want to work alongside other proven craftsmen who emphasize safety, productivity and superior craftsmanship, this is your chance to advance your career!
- Tack Welding using SMAW Process in both Vertical and Overhead Positions
- Burning/Heating – Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
- Marine work on a Naval Yard Working on United States Naval Vessels
- Minimum 4 years of Commercial/Naval Experience as a First Class Shipfitter
- Ability to Pass Single Pass OR Multi-Pass Tack Welding Test using SMAW Process in Both Vertical Up (3F) and Overhead (4F) Positions
- Ability to comprehend complex structural assembly drawings, blueprints, and sketches to include weld symbols, material types, datum, and reference lines
- Available to Work Any Shift (1st, 2nd, 3rd).
- US or Naturalized Citizen
- Pass Drug Screen and Background Check
PRIMARY TRADESMEN CONTACT INFORMATION:
Tradesmen International not only offers consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we also provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry.
Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Vacation Pay
- Health insurance
- 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
- Incentive programs
- Tool purchase programs & MORE!
Tradesmen International is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Click here to visit Tradesmen’s full website.