At PEARCE RENEWABLES we've got a career for you.
Join the nation’s leading independent service provider for commercial and utility-scale wind, solar, EV charging, and energy storage assets. With over 1,700 team members, operating out of 25 offices throughout the country and servicing approximately 50,000 unique locations Pearce serves a wide range of OEMs, asset owners, and operators. Pearce’s broad service capabilities and geographic footprint throughout the United States provides an excellent home for field technicians and service professionals to grow and advance their careers. Learn more about Pearce Renewables at www.Pearce-Renewables.com.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Travel to remote locations throughout the U.S.
- Minimum 3 years Composite Blade Repair experience
- Support lifting operations of equipment at heights over 250’
- Lead a Composite Technician team in completing repairs
- Train Level 1s and Level 2s in completing repairs and new technologies
- Ensure inspection or repair reports are sent to Composite Engineering for approval within 24 hours
- Process administrative paperwork including pre-task planning and hazard recognition
- Escalate issues to Service Managers or Level 4s when advanced skills are required
- Participate in planning future work, tooling needs, and special training
- Understand and interpret repair drawings and plans, then apply it in the field
- Responsible for driving trucks and pulling trailers
- Responsible for LOTO
- Responsible for ensuring supplies, equipment and day to day needs to crew are met
- Able to rig, operate, de-rig, and store tower climbing and basket materials securely on a trailer
- May be required to oversee lifting operations following skills verification of Large Components and ability to create, review, correct, and amend lifting plans
- May be required to conduct Pre-task planning, JHA’s, and RA’s
- Interact with vendors and customers in a professional manner
- May be required to provide feedback to Safety and Quality for business improvements
- Perform internal and external composite inspections and provide proper documentation of discrepancies
- Properly document all inspections in a variety of electronic formats
- Access various elevated platforms to complete repairs
- May be required to work with Rope Access Teams
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
- Attention to detail and safety focused
- Vacuum bag consolidation process
- Lightning system testing with Megger equipment
- Lightning system repairs. (Tip receptor repair or replacement, cable splicing)
- Both shell tip replacements
- Blade Balancing
- Multiple UD laminate damage repairs
- Edge cracks and edge bonding repairs
- Internal bonding and main web repairs
- Electrical OR Mechanical aptitude
- Travel up to 100% of the time
- Away from home for up to 6 weeks
- Responsibility for own transportation to and from work required
- Valid Driver’s License with clean driving record
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Self-motivated with high level of integrity
- Work at heights (over 250’)
- Work possible rotating shifts
- Prolong standing / and working in ergonomic challenging positions
- Varied climates based upon locations
- Physically fit for climbing and lifting operations
- Teamwork and communication skills
- Proficient in English based upon supporting EHS internal and external requirements HS Diploma or GED is required
- OSHA 10 recommended
- Additional post High School education is preferred
- Electrical OR Mechanical certifications a PLUS!
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WHAT WE OFFER
Join the nation’s leading independent service provider for commercial and utility-scale wind, solar, EV charging, and energy storage assets. Pearce will provide you with the tools and resources you need to design, build, and enhance a successful career. We are dedicated to the success of our employees through competitive salaries, incentives, health, and retirement benefits. Also provided are all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Pearce Renewables believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.