Casey Industrial provides multi-craft process installations across the continental USA in the Power Generation, Industrial, and Biofuels markets. We are well-known for providing cost-effective, complete, and timely installations constructed in a collaborative relationship with clients who value our unwavering focus on safe work and quality work practices. Casey Industrial, founded in 1947, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of MasTec, Inc., a publicly-traded, minority-controlled corporation. With its global infrastructure, MasTec, Inc. serves a variety of markets, including Power Generation, Oil & Gas, Transmission and Distribution, Renewable Energy, and Telecommunications.
At Casey Industrial, we are committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the best talent. No matter your role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our success as we deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
The Quality Inspector is responsible for supporting and assisting the Project Manager and/or Quality Manager with the overall administration and management of the Project Specific Quality program. The Quality Inspector will be responsible for the quality on-boarding for employees and the organization of all quality documentation required by Casey Industrial and as defined in the prime contract documents.
The role requires interfacing with all craft employees as well as Casey’s supervisors and the client(s), subcontractors, distributors, and vendors. He/she must have demonstrated the ability to manage all aspects of a Quality program on projects of increasing complexity. The Quality Inspector must have proven skills and abilities to oversee and manage all aspects of a Quality program on highly complex industrial projects, demonstrating exceptional management and leadership abilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Ability to work collaboratively and execute independently, maintain excellent rapport with team members.
· Participate in constructability reviews and task planning.
· Self-motivated; capable of taking initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines.
· Ability to adapt and become an influential leader of Casey’s culture and values.
· Listen to directions and suggestions from supervisors or other employees regarding quality and proper work practices, evaluate that information and implement a plan based on that evaluation for carrying out the duties of this position.
· Produce quality work, meeting requirements of company policies, procedures, and industry standards.
· Be a champion of Casey’s culture and values; by setting exemplary standards of ethics and stewardship of the company’s resources; functioning as a team player and helping to maintain good communication across the company.
· Represent Casey in a professional manner in all client interaction activities.
· Provide the client with contract required reports (weekly, monthly, and schedule).
· Understand and lead Casey’s Corporate Quality Manual and assist in developing site-specific quality plans.
· Identify needs for implementing ITP’s (inspection and test plans).
· Support or lead quality training meetings, onboardings and sessions.
· Support craft superintendent with site specific quality consumables (electrodes, welding lens, etc.).
· Support and lead additional quality practices: Quality audits, Craft observations, Quality Leadership Meetings (QLTs).
· Ensure Quality metrics are compiled and submitted weekly (scorecard, audits, and QLT’s conducted).
· Out of office every morning for stretch /flex and morning gang box meetings.
· Assist in completion of site quality scorecard.
· Act as site representation in absence of Quality Manager.
· Report ALL non-conforming and reworks events.
· Ensure subcontractor kickoff meetings are being held.
· Ensure timely and complete root cause investigation of Quality incidents rework and track timely closure of non-conformances.
· Implement and promote stop work authority with employees.
· Function as one of the key Project Leaders on the project.
· Conduct and lead meetings, both internally and externally in a professional manner.
· Provide on the job training craft personnel.
· Ensure implementation of project employee training programs.
· Potentially mange up to 1 direct report.
· May be the lead on a less complex project or may report to another Quality Manager.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Minimum 1-5 years of experience on construction projects managing Quality or a related area.
· CWI, ASNT or ACI certifications; on-the-job experience in training and inspections is preferred but not required.
· Exceptional communication, planning, organization, and delegation skills.
· Willing to travel extensively and relocate to the next project location for an extended period (typically 6-12 months).
· Have a basic understanding of project drawings, specifications, technical data, assembly methods, and O&M manuals, and financial principals.
· Work productively.
· When visiting jobsites, the work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
· This work environment may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors and/or loud noises.
This position is a full-time position scheduled typically, 50 hours/week and based on project needs.
Travel required up to 90%. Position requires presence directly on the Project Site location with intermittent travel to residence of record.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life insurance, Supplemental benefits, 401k, Employee stock purchase plan (ESPP), Per diem- per days worked if residence of record is 100 miles or more from the project site.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Licenses & Certifications
To qualify for per diem:
100 miles from the jobsite for per diem and travel in.
Travel is .41 / mile
Travel out if they get their ROF or transfer.