As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will support the design, development and fabrication of space launch vehicles and components to support human spaceflight programs.
As an Expediter, your role will be to unpack bulk kits of parts delivered from the warehouse, strategically re-assemble and stage those parts for delivery to each Manufacturing Complex Work Cell, and ensure a stream of work is readily available for delivery to our technicians at all times. You will work within the Production Control team to manage the velocity of parts to the work cells, respond to requests for replacement parts or additional parts, and transport parts and completed assemblies either back to inventory or forward to the next stage of assembly.
This is a hands-on position that requires strong communication, organization, attention to detail and problem solving capabilities.
This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Coordinate with Production Control to strategically control the flow of materials to manufacturing work centers.
- Reconcile any part discrepancies vs. request list; coordinate with Production Control to order replacements or request spares if necessary.
- Coordinate interdepartmental activity with warehouse, quality inspection, non-conformance review board, purchasing, and logistics.
- Schedule and expedite the movement of parts by means of move orders, stock transfers and requests for shipping orders
- Work cross functionally to expedite any material shortages with Production Control and other production areas.
- Continuously monitor and respond to technician parts needs, including replacements for non-conforming parts, delivery of fasteners and shop stock, moving assemblies to inventory or to the next work center, and other similar duties as requested.
- Read and understand part transportation requirements specified on the work order.
- Monitor the flow/velocity of jobs through the production line and partner with Production Control to ensure work completes on time to schedule.
- Monitor the velocity of the disposition of MRB and stranded material.
- Enter material transactions in ERP system.
- Process Scrap and obsolete inventory from WIP locations as required.
- Prepare for, conduct and assist in reconciliation of cycle counts.
- Knowledge of backflush and Kanban process.
- Must be able to work well with others, take direction and execute swiftly, be mindful of process improvement opportunities, and be able to problem solve.
- 2-5 years supply chain experience
- Experience with Materials Requirement Planning (MRP) or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, and/or inventory control applications.
- Experience with activities related to planning and/or scheduling.
- Experience working with a cross functional team
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrates understanding and is able to apply continuous improvement concepts.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends and travel on occasion
- Based upon job duties, may need to work in various areas that may cause exposure to fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals (well below OSHA and ACGIH exposure guidelines), outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and/or be part of a hearing conservation program due to noise levels around certain equipment.
- Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple duties concurrently based on workload dispersion, program priorities and management and customer decisions.
- Strong interpersonal skills including
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
SST is a national skilled trade staffing provider.