Responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical wiring, equipment, fixtures and ensuring that work is in accordance with relevant codes
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Promote and comply with all Company and safety policies and procedures
- Ensure the proper functioning of all electrical units in the facility
- Ensure scheduled checks for spotting any malfunctions
- Comply with all safety norms and regulations of working
- Appropriate use and handling of electrical testing and repair equipment
- Completion of all tasks as assigned by the supervising manager
- Maintain records of all electrical inventories and place orders for spare parts and equipment
- Maintain a log of electrical repair and maintenance works
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree or diploma in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or any other related field of study
- Four or more years’ experience working as an electrician
- Journeyman electrical license in state the work is being performed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working toward Wanzek’s Zero Injury principles
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to identify technical malfunctions in electrical units
- Sound understanding of handling and using electrical repair tools and equipment
- An ability to read, develop, and follow blueprints and wiring schematics
- Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area circumference and volume
- Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
Wanzek construction offers an extensive and competitive benefit package that includes, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401 (k), and paid time off. Salary depends upon experience: $36 per hour.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Licenses & Certifications
To qualify for per diem:
100 miles from the jobsite for per diem and travel in.
Travel is .41 / mile
Travel out if they get their ROF or transfer.