JOB TITLE: Welders/Fabricators
$20.00 - $23.00 based on experience
This position will be responsible for fit and welding of metal components together using a variety of welding processes and equipment to fabricate or repair custom heavy-duty material handling and marine-related products as specified by layout, welding diagram, or work order.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Practice Work Place Safety
• Use Reference materials
• Perform layout, cutting and welding tasks on structural metal materials
• Understand Principles of Metallugy
• Perform Oxy-fuel cutting/welding task
• Layout and measure projects
• Perform Gas Metal Arc Welding task (GMAW), Flux-Core Arc Welding Task(FCAW), shielded Metal Arc Welding tasks (SMAW)
• Qualify and maintain certifications for Material Handling Equipment (MHE), welding processes every 90 days
• Apply principles of Math (General) – Algebra, Geometry to calculate amounts of required materials and estimate costs, based on surface measurements or work orders
• Demonstrate proper use of precision measurement tools and apply principles of Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances (GD&T)
• Analyze engineering drawings, blueprints, specifications, sketches, work orders, and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) to plan layout, assembly, and welding operations. Read and interpret AWS welding symbols chart
• Layout, position, aligns, and secure parts for welding using straightedges, combination squares, and rulers to the tolerances specified. Prepare a weldment by grinding, butting or cleaning materials to specification
• Control distortion to the tolerances specified
• Maintain cutting and welding tools and consumables
• Perform (SMAW/GMAW/FCAW) flat V groove weld using stringer beads, flat fillet weld using stringer beads, horizontal groove weld, horizontal fillet weld, vertical groove weld (uphill), vertical fillet weld (uphill)
• Experience with Visual Testing (VT) inspections, Dye Penetrant (PT), Magnetic Particle (MT)
• Safe handling of the heating devices used for soldering
• Mark or tag material with proper job number, piece marks, and other identifying marks as required
• Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications
• Follow instructions and pre-established guidelines for manufacturing methods and technique to perform the functions of the job.
• Qualify and maintain certification as a Rigger
• Cross trains and maintains certification across all operations within a work area
• Meet expectations in regards to time, budget, quality and materials needed to perform a work activity
• Demonstrate safe shielded metal arc welding practices: arc ray protection; burn prevention, PPE, electrical shock prevention and general shop care
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Drug Free
• Required High School diploma or GED
• A minimum of two to five (2-5) years of related fabrication experience in a heavy industrial environment utilizing SMAW, FCAW, and GMAW welding process
• Ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane
• Must be willing and available to work overtime as required
• Ability to pass a Skill Weld Evaluation Test
• Must be able to read engineering drawings in relation to fabrication and assembly with a high level of expertise and communicate with technical users of PaR Marine products
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to function within working conditions and physical requirements described below
• Technical School diploma
• Mil-Spec knowledge and understanding
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. While working in the plant, the noise level is usually moderate to loud: however, while in office, the noise is moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or fell: reach with hands and arms; stoop, keel, or crouch; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand or walk.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Travel
This is a full-time position, and days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, 6 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Due to time-sensitive manufacturing projects, overtime may be required. Little to no travel expected for this position.
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
· Medical / Prescription
· Dental Coverage
· Vision Coverage
· Short Term Disability Benefits
· Term Life Benefits
· Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply Online at www.hutcoinc.com
Send resumes to email@example.com
Hutco, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).