OFFICIAL TITLE: Painter
SUPERVISOR: Paint Foreman
SALARY RANGE: In accordance with RCBOE Salary Schedules
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Work Year - 12 Months
Prepares areas to be painted; applies putty, caulking and primer. Applies finish coat of paint to surface; stains and varnishes smooth surfaces. Selects and pre-mixes paint to match colors.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: (Asterisk for essential job duties.)
1. Report to job site on time and furnishes own transportation to and from the job.
2. Carries out work in a safe and orderly manner.
3. Makes sure scaffolds and ladders are in safe working condition and verifies all wheel and leg locks are properly locked prior to climbing. (*)
4. Checks all tools and equipment; clean and lock at the end of the work day.
5. Applies paint, stain or varnish to a smooth and even surface. (*)
6. The employee shall carry out such other and further duties, whether specifically listed above or not, as are assigned or required by such employee's supervisor, other appropriate school personnel, law, board policy administrative regulation, department handbook, as are reasonably necessary to the efficient operation of the school system and its mission.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
Must be able to follow directions. Must have good interpersonal skills. Must have knowledge of tools required to perform in the trade and demonstrate proper use of them.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Education/Equivalent preferred. Minimum of one year of painting experience.
CERTIFICATE AND LICENSE REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess a valid state driver's license.
Good physical condition (abilities: climbing, working, scaffolds, lifting and swinging stage).
Requires traveling to various sites on a frequent and unscheduled basis.
Performance of this job will be evaluated consistent with Richmond County School System evaluation policy.
Date Established: 12/08
Date(s) Revised: 02/09
This description may be changed at any time. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Board. Richmond County Schools reserves the right to update, revise or change this job description and related duties at any time.