Construction Recruiter Job Description
Statement of Purpose:
The primary responsibility of the Construction Recruiter is to recruit, interview and hire qualified Field Employees to ensure overall workforce optimization and to successfully build and manage a safe, stable, productive and skilled labor workforce. The Construction Recruiter exercises discretion and independent judgment in recruiting and hiring field employees. They serve as a spokesperson for Tradesmen International as one of the first points of contact that potential Field Employees have with the company. This position requires the Construction Recruiter to have a clear understanding of Tradesmen International’s mission, core values, business model and how we establish ourselves as the employer of choice in the construction market. In addition, they must build quality relationships with field employees while meeting or exceeding recruitment goals.
The Construction Recruiter has a shared purpose with all other positions in the Field Office to create and maintain a safety culture. For the recruiter, this is achieved through the administration of a rigorous hiring process and by managing the safety of the workforce after the hire through daily education, training and motivation to engage in safety-related behaviors. They generally work in Tradesmen’s medium to large field offices, with gross sales of $2,000,000 or more. The Construction Recruiter reports to the General Manager.
- Decides which applicants to hire as Field Employees
- Decides how many employees need to be hired and what skills those employees need to meet client demands.
- Decides techniques and strategies to be used to recruit employees.
- Ensures that Tradesmen’s hiring process is followed in the hiring of field employees.
- Conducts employment interviews for Field Employee applicants in adherence with state and federal employment laws.
- Trains new field employees by conducting field employee orientation and educates the new employees about our commitment to safety during the hiring process (e.g., explanation of safety as our number one core value), orientation (e.g., accident reporting procedures) and the online OSHA 10-Hour course registration.
- Reviews open orders to determine existing and anticipated labor needs by classification on a daily basis.
- Makes decisions concerning dispatching all Field Employees in the computer, matching Client needs with qualified Field Employees daily.
- Uses iCIMS for all job postings including jobs posted on the Tradesmen Career Site as well as other external job boards - CareerBuilder, Craigslist, Indeed, Monster, etc. while monitoring the monthly advertising budget.
- Searches for qualified candidates using available resume databases including iCIMS, CareerBuilder and Indeed.
- Performs off-site recruiting, attends job fairs and uses all available recruitment tools to attract and identify quality craftsmen
- Reviews, completes, submits, and maintains hiring paperwork for Field Employee new hires and rehires.
- Assist with the administration of the online OSHA-10 training or schedules in person OSHA 10-Hour training and maintains Field Employee OSHA attendance records.
- Prepares all necessary documents for and attends the daily Operations Meeting.
- Calls all ASAP and Available Field Employees daily to confirm and verify status.
- Manages Field Employee activity regarding performance, attendance, safety, pay and other work-related issues.
- Maintains appropriate documentation and notes in Field Employee files for defense of contested state unemployment compensation claims. Attends unemployment hearings of contested claims, either in person or by telephone.
- Work in high-energy team environment
- Be self-motivated and goal oriented
- Have desire to constantly interact/communicate with various personalities maintaining solid working relationships with both skilled trade workers and our sales personnel
- Must be dependable, responsible, have a good attitude and be willing to work hard
- It is essential to be capable of handling multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Industry knowledge and prior HR experience is a plus
- Need basic computer skills including database development on on-line job board usage (training provided)
We offer competitive compensation plus incentives, as well as a comprehensive benefits package and paid time off.
Tradesmen International is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability
Req ID 2019-227425IN
Job Board IN
Employment Type Regular Full-Time