Ziegler Industries is on a mission to become the best specialty service EMPLOYER in the country. We take care of our people so they can take care of our customers. If you are ready to make a difference and be a part of a growing and progressive company, we want you!
The initial job is in Iowa through mid January.
Must be willing to travel or live near the job site. Corporate office is located in Keokuk, Iowa
- Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, knives, and scissors. Remove or seal off old insulation, following safety procedures.
- Fit insulation around obstructions, and shape insulating materials and protective coverings as required.
- Determine the amounts and types of insulation needed, and methods of installation, based on factors such as location, surface shape, and equipment use.
- Install sheet metal around insulated pipes with screws in order to protect the insulation from weather conditions or physical damage.
- Apply, remove, and repair insulation, thermal and fire, on industrial and domestic equipment, pipes, ductwork, or other mechanical systems such as heat exchangers, tanks, pipework and vessels, to help control noise and maintain temperatures.
- Select appropriate insulation, thermal and fire, such as mineral wool, fiberglass, foams or other materials based on the heat retaining or excluding characteristics of the material.
- Read blueprints and specifications to determine job requirements.
- Cover, seal, or finish insulated surfaces or access holes with covers of metallic or nonmetallic, canvas strips, sealants, tape, cement or asphalt mastic.
- Working with tools and machinery used in the trade.