Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary function of a Fabricator Mechanic:
- Adhere to all Company Safety Requirements/Procedures (e.g. constant use of personal protective equipment, PPE)
- Fabricator/Team Leader responsible for directing fabrication duties in the fabrication area as instructed from the Shop Supervisor or Shop Manager.
- Willing to be involved in cost reduction projects and corrective actions as directed by the Shop Supervisor or Shop Manager.
- Works from shop drawings, blueprints, sketches, work orders, and verbal instructions from the Shop Supervisor or Shop Manager.
- Set up fabrication machinery (e.g. Forklift, Overhead Crane, Shear, Press Brake, Saw, Plate Rolls, Iron Worker).
- Responsible for assuring all equipment is properly taken care of and maintained.
- Perform any combination of duties to assist workers in welding, brazing, and thermal and arc cutting activities.
- Ensure daily and monthly inspections are performed in the fabrication area.
- Reads and understands blueprints for the selection of materials, measurements and weld types; and performs work to specified tolerances.
- Ensure that work areas are always clean and orderly.
- Inspect fabricated parts with measuring tools to insure compliance with drawings & specifications.
- Assist Quality Control with keeping neat and orderly records on work performed and repairs made.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straight edges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Make decisions on how to fabricate a part or make a repair when there is no set of direction.
- Move material in and out of fabrication areas using heavy material handling equipment.
- Prepare fabricated material in an orderly fashion and turn over to paint / coatings department for next stage.
Responsible for verifying material is ready to ship after all final operations are complete.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Adhere to all Company Safety Requirements/Procedures (e.g. constant use of personal protective equipment, PPE).
- Substantial experience in fabrication of structural steel & light - heavy plate fabrication.
- Willing to be a Team Leader.
- Extensive knowledge of fabrication machinery and measurement tools.
- Understanding of all Safety & Shop Procedures
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Comprehensive knowledge of Geometry & Trigonometry is a must.
- Physical stamina and strength is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; (2) year technical degree is a plus.
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment
Click the Apply button above to be considered for the opening.