RMK Merrill-Stevens, Florida’s Oldest Shipyard, is recruiting an Experienced Lead Marine Mechanic to join our team. Our shipyard is under Major Renovation and provides work of the highest international standards to meet Classification Society Requirements of ABS, Lloyds and the US Coast Guard.
The Lead Marine Mechanic requires you to diagnose, repair and maintain marine steering and hydraulic systems, engine room equipment and related mechanical systems. Your work must be of the highest international standards to meet Classification Society Requirements of ABS, Lloyds and the US Coast Guard.
- Act as a lead mechanic for employees and assist them when need.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair all mechanical and electrical problems on boat, motors and trailers.
- Support a strong commitment to world-class customer service and ensure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
- Install all types of accessory items.
- Assist customers by answering specific technical questions to help the customer understand the operation of the unit and the work to be done or work already completed.
- Attend technical training to improve proficiency, quality of work and to achieve higher levels of certification.
- When necessary, water test unit with customers to verify work performed and to explain the operation of the product.
- Perform rigging as required.
- Understand related and control electrical systems and wiring.
Required Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational/Technical schooling highly preferred.
- Marine certification high preferred.
- Experience as a lead required
- Minimum 5 years experience.
- Strong English speaking and communication required.
- Spanish speaking and communication highly preferred.
Required Service and Interpersonal Skills:
- Maintaining flexibility and safely performing multiple duties and tasks under stressful, potentially hazardous conditions.
- Tendency to display endurance and capacity for a fast pace.
- Able to work independently at times and make sound decisions.
- Knows limitations and when to ask for help.
- The ability to stoop, crouch, pull, push, reach, hear, near vision, kneel, talk, stand, grasp and lift to 50 lbs. while working around moving machinery on a moving ship.
Attendance and Punctuality:
- Punctual to work; has good attendance; uses good judgment.
- Attends meetings when directed; follows company policies/goals.
- Understands need for adhering to set schedules and deadlines.
- Maintains 100% attendance, punching in/out within established guidelines (No Early Ins/Late Outs) and begins working on time.
- Uses Deputy Scheduling System (via app or iPad Kiosk) to punch in/out, manage schedule, request time off and communicate to manager regarding scheduling issues.
- Leaves for/returns from breaks on time. Punches out/in when leaving yard during breaks.
- Is always at assigned vessel or “on-task” except during break periods.
- Uses correct language; speaks clearly; listens.
- Greets clients; is respectful; is courteous; has acceptable attitude.
- Expresses ideas and thoughts well verbally; exhibits good listening and comprehension.
- Speaks politely and respectfully with all members of the organization.
- Deals directly with co-workers to resolve misunderstandings; does not gossip or complain.
- Follows-up quickly and completely; keeps management informed of situations and outcomes.
To support our Major Renovation, we are hiring
Experienced Marine Professionals in All Departments including
Marine Trades, Project Management, Shipyard Services and Facility Maintenance.
RMK Merrill-Stevens is an Equal Opportunity Employer