Education Requirements: Two-year post high school education or on-the-job experience.
Position Summary: Enter invoices to record company expenses timely.
Essential Job Functions
- Upholds corporate integrity by maintaining confidentiality of corporate financial information.
- Enter vendor invoices using JD Edwards E1 software.
- Monitor sales/use tax issues such as tax exemptions and accruals where applicable.
- Review, code and process utility and phone bills.
- Monitor credit card statements for vendor accounts. i.e. Home Depot, Lowe’s, Tractor Supply, Menards, Staples, etc. Request missing invoices and process to ensure payments are made timely.
- Track and process monthly Purchase Card statements.
Additional Job Functions
- Identifies opportunities for streamlining work and reducing waste in order to improve efficiency.
- Serve as backup to other Accounts Payable department personnel.
- Performs other accounts payable duties as assigned per supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience or knowledge in payables/accounting desired
- Data entry & 10-key proficiency
- JD Edwards E1 experience desired
- Excel & Word proficiency desired
- Detail oriented