Since 1947, Crowder has built a legacy of success in the construction industry. We work throughout the Southeast on heavy construction infrastructure projects ranging from bridges, dams, water and waste water treatment facilities, power plants and other energy facilities. We are a general contractor who self performs civil, electrical and mechanical trades on both traditional and more complex alternative delivery projects.
As a family-owned company, it is the spirit of not only doing the right things, but doing things the right way that is the true legacy of our founders and our people. Crowder is Building America and Proud of It® as reflected in our Mission Statement:
We are dedicated to superior performance and committed to making a positive difference for our clients, for our communities, and in the lives of our employees.
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
CROWDER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
Crowder Construction Company’s Civil & Environmental Division, an ENR Top 400 contractor specializing in water treatment and wastewater treatment plant construction, has a Project Manager position. This individual must have all of the following:
- water treatment plant and wastewater treatment plant project management experience
- the ability to construct $15 million in contract value
- a minimum of seven years of experience.
Primary function of a Project Manager:
Provides overall management direction to multiple projects, establishes project objectives and policies, maintains liaison with prime contracts client, and monitors construction and financial activities through administrative direction of the onsite construction manager. May be the primary onsite manager on larger, more extensive projects.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policy.
- Plan, organize and staff key field positions through the Regional Operations Manager and/or General Superintendent.
- Create, update, and manage the project schedule.
- Develop the project budget upon assignment and notification of award.
- Manage financial aspects of contracts including but not limited to fee payment, rental equipment, income/expenses to protect the company’s interest while simultaneously maintain good relationships with Clients.
- Prepare and maintain accurate forecasting at all times.
- Manage the procurement process including labor, equipment, materials, and subcontracts.
- Provide estimating with actual cost information in order to enhance and increase the accuracy of future bids.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with client, subcontractors and vendors.
- Act as liaison between all parties in order to facilitate construction activities including value engineering.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- 4 year engineering degree or equivalent
- 7 years of extensive experience/knowledge of construction, design, finance and management required
- Ability to construct a $15 million contract
- Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc and their impact on project activities vital
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills essential
- Must have a valid, non-restrictive driver’s license
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.