Since 1947, Crowder has built a legacy of success in the construction industry. We work throughout the Southeast on heavy construction infrastructure projects ranging from bridges, dams, water and waste water treatment facilities, power plants and other energy facilities. We are a general contractor who self performs civil, electrical and mechanical trades on both traditional and more complex alternative delivery projects.
As a family-owned company, it is the spirit of not only doing the right things, but doing things the right way that is the true legacy of our founders and our people. Crowder is Building America and Proud of It® as reflected in our Mission Statement:
We are dedicated to superior performance and committed to making a positive difference for our clients, for our communities, and in the lives of our employees.
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, with a company committed to your future, apply today.
CROWDER IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY (EOE) AFFIRMATIVE ACTION (AA) EMPLOYER
Qualified Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary function of an Electrical Journeyman: Interpret electrical drawings, including site plans, floor plans, and detail drawings. To work safely and follow safety procedures.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit, using such tools as saws, pipe threading machine, and conduit bender.
- Pull wiring through conduit assisted by a helper or craft.
- Connect wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment, using hand tools.
- Install control and distribution apparatus such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels.
- Connect power cables to equipment such as electric motors, and installs grounding leads.
- Test continuity of circuitry of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments, such as ohmmeter, battery, and buzzer, and oscilloscope.
- Observe functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Troubleshoot or repair faulty equipment or systems.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Rate information using personal judgment or standards that can be measured or checked
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often
- Use reason and logic
- Perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately
- See detail in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes or shadings
- Picture flat drawings as 3-dimensional objects
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.