YOU MUST RESIDE IN THE BIRMINGHAM, ALABAMA AREA FOR HIS POSITION!
The main responsibility for the Electrical Construction Manager (ECM) is to strategize and plan manpower and resources around current and future projects within the division. You will direct and oversee multiple Electrical Superintendents and craftsman within the Construction department. This person should be proficient in skilled electrical work, site management/supervision, design, layout, estimating, assembly, installation, and testing of electrical and instrumentation. As the ECM, you will be responsible for ensuring that a construction project is completed on time and within budget. You will be supervising and overseeing the direction of multiple projects, ensuring that the client’s specifications and requirements are met, reviewing progress, and liaising with quantity surveyors to monitor costs. Along with Superintendents and Project Managers, you will plan projects, ensure that they meet agreed specification budgets, timescales, and you will be on hand, as needed throughout the build to assess progress and solve problems that arise. You will also interface with customers at a staff level and train and monitor employees in all aspects of their required duties within established corporate methods and procedures to meet company quality and delivery metrics.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist in design and specifications of control and electrical equipment and instrumentation for design projects.
• Develop and grow existing department employees for the long-term health of the Company
• Develop and organize staff to accomplish goals efficiently.
• Recruit and hire electricians and technicians.
• Work in conjunction with engineering to ensure product quality of design and installation.
• Ensure tools and equipment are safe and in proper working order; keep management informed about the reliability of tools and equipment.
• Procure the necessary construction materials economically and in timely fashion.
• Coordinate the delivery of materials and application of labor assuring the economic and timely completion of the Company’s electrical and instrumentation installation projects.
• Procure necessary permits.
• Maintain safety practices and procedures.
• Be familiar with applicable sections of the current NEC.
• Be familiar with applicable OSHA, MSHA and/or jobsite safety requirements.
• Purchase, lease, or rent the necessary tools and equipment.
• Provide calibration and commissioning services for instrumentation.
• Serve as a member of various company committees.
• Stay current with new procedures, materials, and equipment.
• Establish and manage all site construction practice and protocol.
• Manage day to day product flow to achieve company delivery targets.
• Manage and coordinate employee utilization based on needs and customer requirements.
• Interface with Customer as required to resolve issues/questions.
• Fill in for Electrical Superintendents as needed.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Minimum of ten (10) years’ successful experience in performing/supervising electrical and/or instrumentation field installation; Master or Journeyman license preferred.
• Ability to teach new electricians to provide installation and retrofit services.
• Ability to assume primary responsibility for providing installation and retrofit services for all projects with minimal supervision.
• Working knowledge of human resources.
• Working knowledge of electrical system layout, instrumentation, blueprint reading, and mathematics; working knowledge of methods, materials, and tools used in electrical and instrumentation system installation and maintenance work.
• Considerable knowledge of the principles of electrical theory as applied to electrical circuits and wiring systems and the ability to apply this knowledge to work situations.
• Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade; ability to follow proper methods, procedures, and safety precautions of line work.
• Demonstration of the willingness and the ability to learn new techniques/procedures.
• Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions.
• Basic negotiation skills.
• Conflict Resolution
• Decision Making
• Communication Skills
• Leadership Skills
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Work is performed both indoor and outdoor.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
• The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Working safely is a condition of employment.
• Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate tools, calculating instruments, computers, and various pieces of office equipment.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls and to reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk and hear.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to reason logically and make sound decisions, to consider alternative and diverse perspectives, to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, to remain poised under all circumstances, and to interact effectively with people in a positive manner that engenders confidence and trust.
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in high stress and conflict situations.
• Ability to simultaneously address multiple complex problems.
• Ability to perform under stress and/or in emergencies.
• Ability to perform in situations requiring speed, deadlines, or productivity quotas.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time position, and business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Longer hours and evenings may be necessary. Travel varies based off current project requirements. Estimated travel is considered 80% - 95%.