Scott Manufacturing Solutions, Inc. is looking for a skilled media blaster who will work under close supervision, operate specialized tools and machinery that fire high-powered jets of sand at metal and other similarly hard surfaces, and assist in other departments as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Ensure proper setup of blasting equipment and media for each job.
• Prepares surfaces on product before blasting.
• Abrades surfaces of metal objects using abrasive blasting equipment.
• Shovels or pours abrasives, such as sand, into machine hopper.
• Maintains safe work conditions by following guidelines and procedures for handling all related equipment.
• Clean machine, tooling, and work area at the end of each shift.
• Ability to wear full-body PPE, including blast helmet.
• Checks grinding equipment for safe operation.
• Uses grinding equipment to round corners.
• Tighten edges and smooth surfaces for cabinet doors, walls, frames, and small parts.
• Assists in performing sheet metal fabrication work.
• Operates drill press to ream tubes.
• Operates hand drill to ream door handles.
• Make holes in sheet metal.
• Cleans and maintains work area.
• Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, and responds to management direction.
• Initiative - Asks and offers help when needed.
• Safety and Security