The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to the Project Management Director and his delegates as directed. This position will organize meetings, transcribe meeting minutes, manage phone calls and messages, manage MS Outlook schedules, review and code expenses, prepare correspondence, maintain departmental files & logs, print and organize project documents, make travel and accommodation arrangements, review documents for accuracy, assist in the preparation of presentations, and occasionally perform errands off campus as needed. Strong communication and Microsoft Office Suite skills are required to perform duties.
Primary Job Function:
- Oversee all administrative duties as assigned by the Director, Project Management.
- Interface with different levels of management, while performing a multitude of complex tasks.
- Cover for Executive Assistants when they are absent or as needed.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers/vendors via telephone, voicemail, email, etc., to relay and respond to messages.
- Ensure all outgoing and incoming communications are accurate, timely, and appropriately distributed.
- Answer phones and handle messages.
- Perform clerical duties including faxing, answering telephones, scanning, copying, etc.
- Prepare and/or facilitate documents for signature.
- Accurately maintain computerized database files utilizing SharePoint, as well as other manual files and written and digital logs as needed.
- Schedule meetings and meeting locations, and prepare materials and conference rooms for meetings.
- Create and vet expense reports and Comdata expenses.
- Review and maintain departmental employee time card entries.
- Prepare and distribute comprehensive departmental meeting minutes.
- Print and prepare organized project document binders or other deliverables as needed.
- Make travel and lodging arrangements as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of presentations and other reports.
- Perform occasional work related errands off campus.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the Project Management Director.
- Minimum 2 years administrative assistant experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work with executive and high-level management and administrative employees.
- Exercise sound judgment, well organized, have excellent oral and written communications skills, work well under pressure, take the initiative, flexible and cooperative.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Accuracy, timeliness, tact, problem-solving skills, and ability to work effectively with both employees and managers.
- Respect for confidentiality concerning customer information and company records.
- Convey a positive and professional image to customers and peers.
- Displays tactful, mature and professional demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personnel.
- Regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality relative to encountering, reviewing or transmitting any company or personal employee information.
- Complies with Strike’s policies and procedures.
- Complies with Strike’s Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment.
- Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety.
- Works effectively with others to encourage teamwork and productivity.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Strike is an equal opportunity employer.