Education Requirements: Junior Status.
Position Summary: Assist with providing input and technical expertise for power generating construction projects.
Essential Job Functions
- Review bid package for accuracy, completeness, and electrical work scope for electrical subcontractors and BEI electrical personnel.
- Communicate with Electrical Superintendent for immediate review of electrical information and any changes to the job.
- Coordinate electrical work with other job planning and functions such as foundation, erection and tower wiring.
- Ensure use of all company resources; and adherence to all company policies and state and federal regulations.
- Use of required electrical reference codes and electrical safety code publications.
- Coordinate subcontractors to maximize production and minimize costs.
- Act as an electrical consultant to supervisory and field personnel in the areas of expertise for transmission lines, inter-connect systems, switchgear installations, electrical circuits, power quality, and high voltage collection/distribution systems.
- Participate in weekly meeting with Electrical Engineers, Electrical subcontractors, Owner (SME's) and Utility interconnect personnel. Bring necessary information forward that may impede design or construction. Assist with supervision of all projects Electrical subcontractors, Electrical engineers to ensure effective use of project resources as well as industry processes. Has a clear understanding of production goals and cost and identifies job cost reduction opportunities.
- Conduct monitoring and inspection of electrical subcontractor installation activities and progress.
- Responsible for safe working conditions and procedures including becoming personally trained for future review and / or participation in the following: switch and tag procedures, approaching distances, arc flash, protective equipment, and rotation and voltage check.
- Ensure a safe work environment by complying with company's safety polices as well as complying with federal and state safety regulations. Ensure all subcontractor equipment, materials, and small tools are in safe operating condition. Need to collaborate with the Electrical subcontractors and Engineers that project will strive for "Zero" accidents. Need to understand conditions of working around high voltage lines (I.e. High-potting or Partial discharge tests). Assure there are written procedures, POD, and a new formal plan if changes are needed.
- Communicate with Electrical Superintendent to update him/her on project problem areas.
- Assist Electrical Superintendent communicating and negotiating with owner regarding major project decisions.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of project schedule as needed. Effectively schedule the work with Electrical engineer, Electrical contractors, Utility groups, and Owner (SME's) in accordance with the project baseline schedule. Variations need to be shared with Electrical Superintendent or if directed share with Project Manager and also Owner representative. Assist site team with short interval plan (two week look ahead) and Plan of the Day
- Compare and continuously monitor actual costs to the job estimate and informs Electrical Superintendent / Site Manager of cost over-runs.
- Assist the Electrical Superintendent in establishing the Project Electrical budget (Engineering, Construction, and Interconnect.) Will assist Electrical superintendent in expediting change orders and changes to project Electrical budget. Will review equipment with Engineer and Owner to utilize most cost effective equipment that is approved for the construction site.
- Schedule equipment and subcontractors to effectively utilize all resources.
- Arrange for engineering support and consultation as needed as well as provide for peer review of critical electrical issues.
- Work with Site Manager to fill in during absence of the project Electrical Superintendent, to the extent of being qualified and trained. Immediately communicate the need if temporary support is required from another qualified and trained Electrical Superintendent or Avon Electrical.
Additional Job Functions
- Electrical Overhead Transmission
- Electrical Underground and Collection systems
- Substation Construction
- Transmission Utility Interconnect
- Electrical Engineering
- Communication System
- Assure that all electrical workers are qualified and trained for the technical and safety aspects of work they are performing. When training is needed follow through to make sure the needed training is provided in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record.
- Combination of electrical training and electrical construction field experience, as well as the ability to perform administrative tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Basic understanding of safety construction, commissioning, and testing electrical systems.
- Ability to progress toward supervising a large number of employees.
- Good communication skills to deal with owners, subcontractors, and employees.
- Possess a solid understanding of tracking job progress, costing and formal reporting.
- Electrical Field Construction Coordinator Interns are expected to re-locate to the project site for the duration of the internship.