At PEARCE RENEWABLES, we've got a career for you.
Join the nation’s leading independent service provider for commercial and utility-scale wind, solar, EV charging, and energy storage assets. With over 1,700 team members, operating out of 25 offices throughout the country and servicing approximately 50,000 unique locations Pearce serves a wide range of OEMs, asset owners, and operators. Pearce’s broad service capabilities and geographic footprint throughout the United States provide an excellent home for field technicians and service professionals to grow and advance their careers. Learn more about Pearce Renewables at www.Pearce-Renewables.com.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as a team member to support site work
- May be required to supervise field work onsite focusing on Safety, Quality, and Efficiency
- Travel to remote locations throughout the U.S.
- Support lifting operations of equipment at heights over 250’
- May be required to oversee lifting operations following skills verification of Large Components and ability to create, review, correct, and amend lifting plans
- Operate under properly performed LOTO conditions
- May be required to perform LOTO of equipment as an Authorized Person
- Conduct daily safety and task planning discussions
- May be required to conduct Pre-task planning, JHA’s, and RA’s
- Interact with vendors and customers in a professional manner
- Ability to recognize potential issues and provide safe solutions
- May be required to provide feedback to Safety and Quality for business improvements
- Conduct repairs to all designated areas of Wind Turbine Blades either in the air or on the ground
- Perform internal and external composite inspections and provide proper documentation of discrepancies
- Ability to recognize minor deficiencies and correct damage
- May be required to ability to recognize MAJOR deficiencies and correct
- Properly document all inspections in a variety of electronic formats
- Access various elevated platforms to complete repairs
- May be required to work with Rope Access Teams
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATIONS
- Direct Renewable work experience preferred
- Indirectly related experience will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis
- Post-secondary education is a PLUS!
- Attention to detail and safety focused
- Electrical OR Mechanical aptitude
- Renewable energy experience desired, but NOT required
- Travel up to 100% of the time
- Away from home for up to 6 weeks
- Responsibility for own transportation to and from work required
- Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving record
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Self-motivated with a high level of integrity
- Work at heights (over 250’)
- Work possible rotating shifts
- Prolong standing / and working in ergonomic challenging positions
- Varied climates based upon locations
- Physically fit for climbing and lifting operations
- Teamwork and communication skills Proficient in English based upon supporting EHS internal and external requirements HS Diploma or GED is required
- OSHA 10 recommended
- Additional post-High School education is preferred
- Electrical OR Mechanical certifications a PLUS!
- For safety compliance, wind technicians must weigh between 120 and 280 pounds, including clothing and boots.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
WHAT WE OFFER
Join the nation’s leading independent service provider for commercial and utility-scale wind, solar, EV charging, and energy storage assets. Pearce will provide with you the tools and resources you need to design, build, and enhance a successful career. We are dedicated to the success of our employees through competitive salary, incentives, health, and retirement benefits. Also provided are all necessary tools and safety equipment.
Pearce Renewables believes in strength through diversity. We are an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.