MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Implement and maintain quality assurance processes on project task level to ensure compliance with Wind Division and client quality standards
- Familiarity with turbine manufacturer’s manuals and specifications for the assigned tasks on the turbine. Follow project-specific protocols, standard operating procedures (SOPs), and construction processes to comply with manufacturer’s requirements and Wind Division standards
- Perform inspection procedures and document each assigned process performed by the field work crews or by Total Quality Technicians
- Provide recommendations to the Site Quality Assurance (QA) Manager for continuous improvement and update of the QA processes through lessons learned and project experiences
- Participate in project specific training related to quality procedures and methodology related to the assigned tasks/processes; act as trainer in the field for assigned tasks / processes
- Assist in providing technical support and troubleshooting for site-specific issues which arise during construction
- Help evaluate trends, failures and opportunities to improve results
- Ensure compliance with project safety requirements
- Attend regular site meetings with Site QA Manager to review QA processes for the project and/or general program updates
- Work closely with representatives from the turbine manufacturer, transporter, Owner, General Contractor, and Subcontractors to successfully implement each phase of the erection work
- Position requires extensive travel and often long hours
- Full-time position, salary, benefits package
- Experience in wind turbine erection or related work. Knowledge of heavy lift equipment is a plus
- Understanding of quality assurance as a part of construction processes including the documentation of QA procedures
- Ability to perform detailed written documentation of quality assurance processes
- Experience with MS Office products helpful
- Valid driver’s license
- Must pass drug test and background check