Find a Job
Follow on Facebook
Post a Job
Journeyman Millwright Mechanic
MP Mine Operations LLC
Mountain Pass, California
MP Materials (NYSE: MP) is on a mission to restore the full rare earth supply chain to the United States of America. From electric cars to wind turbines and drones, rare earths are essential to the low-carbon, electrified technologies that power modern life. We hire ambitious, mission-driven people motivated to solve problems and affect change. Our values are grounded in teamwork, resiliency and integrity, with an enduring commitment to our employees, community and the environment. In the coming years, MP Materials will grow from a core materials and chemical processing company into a large industrial manufacturer. Our employees will lead this exciting transformation and grow professionally with us.
The Journeyman Millwright Mechanic is responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining all industrial equipment at the mine and plant site. This includes installing/repairing mechanical piping, rotating equipment, fabricating and welding. The Mechanic must be able to demonstrate proficiency in pump rebuilding, equipment alignment, and troubleshooting complex mechanical systems.
• Work incident and injury free.
• Repair rotating equipment, including pumps, agitators, crushers, mills, and turbines.
• Troubleshoot mechanical equipment and piping systems and determine the root cause of equipment failures.
• Operate cranes, boom trucks and man lifts.
• Rebuild pumps back to manufacturing tolerances.
• Climb ladders, work at heights and in confined spaces.
• May work alone or with others.
• Shift work.
• Complete any other tasks as needed or as directed by management.
• Five (5) years minimum industrial experience as a Journeyman Millwright or related role
• Extended experience in precision alignment with lasers and dial indicators
• Blueprint reading
• Rebuilding of various process pumps required
• Experience with process piping and hydraulic systems
• Alignment tracking of conveyor belts
• Proof of passing the NCCER Industrial Maintenance Mechanics Written and competence tests and/or provide proof of completing a certified 4-year apprentice millwright/plant mechanic program preferred
• HS/GED required
• Graduate from an applicable certified apprentice program or company approved mechanical training program
• NCCCO crane operation certified preferred
• Boiler operating certification preferred
• Valid Driver's License and a good driving record are required in order to drive company vehicles on property
• Must understand the operating characteristics of each type of pump and pipe
• Must be able to fabricate piping systems of each classification of pipe
• Must be able to fabricate complex piping configuration using threaded CS pipe
• Must understand the standard process for alignment for common equipment, pumps, fans agitators along with tolerances
• Must be able to align a pump/motor using laser alignment devices and machine
• Must be able to align pump/motor assembly using dial indicators
• Must be able to properly tension belt drive systems
• Must be able to demonstrate the rigging basics including the use of hand signal and calculation of rigging size
• Must be able to demonstrate the ability to properly rig a 1,000 lb. unbalanced load in a short rigging configuration,
pass and maintain riggings certification
• Must have basic knowledge of, and the ability to troubleshoot, maintenance issues of each major component of equipment
(conveyors, elevators, dust collectors, fans and crushers)
• Must have basic knowledge of the characteristics of roller, ball and antifriction bearings
• Must know the proper installation technique for each of the types of bearings
• Must have knowledge of basic equipment lubrications theory and fundamentals
• Must be able to use ultrasonic lubrication for rotating equipment
• Must know the proper technique of sampling gearboxes and pressurized oil systems
• Must have a working knowledge of RCFA and the ability to troubleshoot electro/hydraulic/pneumatic system using the RCFA process
• Must know the proper use of mechanic hand tools
• Must follow all company policies and safety rules
The expected pay rate is $32.99/hour to $41.31/hour. The actual pay rate offered may vary based on multiple factors including, but not limited to experience, knowledge, skills, and/or location.
MP Materials is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer - EEO is The Law
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Underrepresented groups/Women/Disabled/Veterans are encouraged to apply. Candidates whose disabilities make them unable to meet the position's requirements will still be considered qualified if they can perform the essential functions of the job with reasonable accommodation.
Your Right To Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment verification document form upon hire.
For Assistance with Application - Alternative methods of applying for employment are available to individuals unable to submit an application through this site because of a disability. Contact Human Resources Department at 702-625-5679; 6720 Via Austi Parkway, Suite 450, Las Vegas, NV 89119 to discuss reasonable accommodations.
Employees are responsible for following all company, industry and regulatory procedures and laws to ensure a safe work environment by oneself and to the company.
A willingness to promote safety among the workforce. Participate in Process Hazard Analysis procedures and Pre-Startup Safety Reviews.
(PPE) Personal Protective Equipment is required when performing work in a mine, manufacturing, outdoor, or plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses safety footwear and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves, and any other protective equipment as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Conditions -
Our facility sits at an elevation of 4700 feet.
Department of Labor Physical Demand Category
Employees are subject to extreme weather conditions:
Freezing winter weather
Extreme desert summer heat.
Work is in a mine or manufacturing plant setting, which may include expose to moving mechanical parts, toxic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, explosives, fumes, or airborne particles.
Manual dexterity; sense of touch; sense of smell; speaking clearly; hearing-speech range; hearing - all ranges; seeing, reading and comprehensions; seeing - distant/near; depth perception; color vision.
Share this job