Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary Function: Lay out, fabricate, assembles, install, and maintain piping and systems, fixtures, and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, and/or industrial processing systems.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials according to job specifications.
- Inspect work sites to determine presence of obstructions and ensure holes will not cause structural weakness.
- Plan sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction workers.
- Cut pipe using saws, torches, and/or a pipe machine.
- Thread pipe using threading machine.
- Bend pipe using a pipe bending machine.
- Assemble and install a variety of metal and nonmetal pipe and pipe fittings, including those made of brass, copper, lead, carbon, stainless steel, and plastic.
- Join pipe through threading, soldering, and preparing pipe for welding by a pipe welder.
- Secure pipes to structures with clamps, brackets, and hangers, using hand or power tools.
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- May weld holding fixtures to structural steel members.
- Maintain knowledge of all tools required to perform the pipe discipline.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, & Experience:
- Must have at least 4 years of verifiable experience as a pipe fitter in industrial construction.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Follow instructions and read blueprints.
- Work at heights with comfort and ease.
- Use logical step-by-step procedures in work.
- Plan work and solve problems.
- Make decisions based on measurable information.
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often and operate machinery.
- Visualize objects in three-dimensions from plans and drawings.
- May be required to satisfactorily demonstrate craft certification through written and/ or performance test, developed and prepared by independent third party.
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Click the Apply button above to be considered for the opening.