C.A. Jones is seeking 1st Class Marine Pipe Welders for work in Norfolk and Newport News, VA
Candidates must be able to pass weld testing prior to start. Needs are immediate.
- Competitive wages plus per diem for qualified non-local candidates
- Overtime (as-needed basis)
- Holiday Bonus, Vacation Bonus
- Medical / Dental Insurance
- Remove slag and rough spots from work pieces by operating grinders or scrapers to ensure smooth work surface
- Employ their knowledge of metallurgy to determine materials and equipment most suitable for a welding project
- Clean and prepare work pieces using chemical solutions etc. to remove foreign matter such as grease, rust etc.
- Use heating furnaces to preheat metal pipes prior to welding or bending
- Fill holes, cracks, and dents on metal work pieces or pipe products
- Use micrometers, calipers and other precision measuring instruments to check gap allowances, grooves or angles
- Control and turn valves or regulators to adjust flames and ensure proper use of welding gas
- Wear appropriate personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots, and hearing protection) and ensure compliance with established health/safety regulations
- Troubleshoot a piping system and conduct diagnosis to identify and fix pipe problems.
- Must be able to pass GTAW testing
- Knowledge of welding techniques (oxygen-acetylene, electric arc, and TIG), tools and equipment
- Must have a minimum years of on the job pipe welding experience to be considered
- Technical training preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to use hand tools and instruments associated with the trade
- Must be able to work effectively with others
- Comprehend blueprints, sketches, and templates
- Enter and move through manholes to reach and work in internally confined spaces
- Must be a steady, reliable worker
- Must be able to compared and follow simple instructions
Please e-mail your resume for consideration.