Now hiring a Construction Quality Control Manager in Charlotte, North Carolina!
Trillium Construction is seeking a Construction Quality Control Manager (QCM) in the Charlotte area for direct hire. The QCM will be responsible for management of daily quality control duties to ensure project is constructed and completed in accordance to client and company standards. This will include direct supervision of the entire project from design to finish. This position will be working closely with superintendents, engineers, and project managers as well.
- Participate in partnering, preconstruction, design development, coordination, and mutual understanding meetings.
- Inspections of all work and rework using Certified QC specialist to ensure contract requirements.
- Stop any non-compliant segments of work, and removal of defective work.
- Preparation of daily QC reports.
- Supervise weekly QC meetings with managers, commissioning authority, DOR, Rep, and superintendent.
- Ensure construction and design submittals are reviewed prior to allowing materials on site and work to proceed.
- Maintain a submittal register.
- Update As-built drawing daily and maintain a testing log and plan.
- Certify and sign invoices to ensure all work has been completed in compliance with project requirements.
- Perform punch-out and participate in Pre-final and final acceptance inspections.
- Submit a list of deficiencies for each inspection. Correct any issues prior to final inspection.
- Ensure operation and maintenance manuals, warranty certificates, and As-built drawings are correct and complete and in accordance with contract.
This is a first shift direct hire position offering $80,000-$110,000 yearly, depending on experience. Per diem/relocation benefits may be offered to those who qualify.
If you’re interested in this Construction Quality Control Manager opportunity and meet the qualifications below, please apply today!
- Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management preferred. (5 years QCM experience will be considered in lieu of education)
- 2 years QCM experience on NAVFAC, DoD, USACE, or DoE projects.
- Complete “Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors” course and maintain current certificate.
- Familiar with USACE EM 385-1-1 requirements.
- Experience with Activity Hazard Analysis (AHA), Accident Prevention Plans (APP), and safety compliance.
- Understanding of FAR/DFAR requirements.
- Must be able to pass federal background check.