MK Industries is hiring Pipe Welders in Newport News, VA
Why choose us?
MK Industries knows a company’s success begins with its employees, and your success begins with the right career move. With 25+ years of experience, we have grown to become an industry leader in the staffing and recruiting space.
Coast to Coast, we got you! For the past 25+ years, we have employed thousands of exceptional employees while partnering with top clientele in every industry nationwide.
MK Industries is urgently hiring skilled trades to join the MK team fulfilling hours throughout the area. Partner with your assigned Staffing Manager to gain access to available hours & ensure your needs are being met!
Start Date: ASAP
*INCREASED* Pay Ranges: $50.00 per hour plus $120.00 a day per diem, nonlocal
Minimum of five years commercial/naval experience
1. Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the SMAW (Shielded metal arc) process
2. Ability to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel, and copper-nickel pipe using the SMAW and GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) processes
3. Ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes
4. Heating - Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch
5. Experience working in physically demanding environments (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
6. Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
7. Ability to properly use fillet gauges, butt gauges, and a six-inch scale.
* Ability to fuse inserts and weld carbon steel, stainless steel, and copper-nickel pipe using the SMAW and GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) processes material*
* Ability to mirror weld using the SMAW and GTAW processes*
- Consistent Work
- Industry-leading pay
- People First Culture
- Weekly Pay
Learn more at mkindustries.com and see a full list of available positions!
Ask about our referral program and earn rewards* +1 800 573 6269
MK Industries is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.