As a Sheet Metal Apprentice you will be responsible for assisting journeyman in creating and installing building parts made of sheet metal. Installs and repairs heating and air conditioning ducts, roofing, stainless steel appliances, siding, and metal partitions.
- Measure appropriate size of sheet metal.
- Cut sheet metal by hand or using power shears.
- Cut into shapes to be used in heating and air conditioning ducts.
- Interpret blueprints to decide where ducts will go.
- Bend ducts to form shapes.
- Drill holes into ducts to bolt together.
- Weld, solder, or rivet ducts together.
- Smooth over rough edges with file.
- Install ready-made ducts.
- Work with fiberglass, plastics, and other nonmetallic materials.
- Operate fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls to cut bend, block and form or straighten materials.
- Install assemblies in supportive framework.
- Use scribers, dividers, and squares to mark dimensions on materials.
- Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance to specifications.
- Analyze and resolve work problems.
- 2 years of experience in commercial/industrial Sheet Metal installation
- Understand schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications required by our client
- Experience working with hand tools and power tools
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
- Drug free at all times
In addition to consistent work, top pay, and employment opportunities, we provide a benefits package that is among the best in the industry. Our comprehensive benefits encourage our employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
- Vacation Pay
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision plan
- Prescription drug plan
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- 401(k) profit-sharing savings plan
- Incentive programs
- FREE OSHA-10 TRAINING ($150 VALUE)
- Tool purchase programs
Tradesmen International is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
Req ID 2019-214138
Category Sheet Metal - Journeyman