We are looking for a hands-on Safety Manager. The Safety Manager will be responsible for managing the safety program in accordance with all federal, state, and local safety laws and regulations. They will provide leadership and guidance by enhancing our culture of safety awareness. Ensures regulatory training and implementation of the safety policies, accident investigation and documentation are in accordance with OSHA VPP standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for OSHA compliance and maintaining policies and programs in accordance with OSHA VPP standards. Respond to OSHA inspections and complaints.
- Lead internal safety inspections and reporting, including incident investigations and accident reporting, including transporting employees to the clinic for treatment.
- Responsible for the coordination of the Safety Program and the Safety Committee.
- Provides leadership, guidance and direction to the plant's safety team as well as educate, motivate and enforce the safety policies and practices.
- Develop training materials and conduct/oversee appropriate training for supervisors, current employees and new hires on all relevant safety and security issues.
- Identify and conduct training needs, including annual evacuation drills, LOTO, PPE, etc.
- Assist in the administration and risk management of the workers' compensation program, including return to work, modified duty, coordination of litigated claims, and risk analysis.
- Monitor daily activities to further develop and successfully implement procedures that effectively identify and control hazards to prevent injury.
- Monitor accident trends and make recommendations to proactively prevent future exposure.
- Continuously monitor the performance and effectiveness of the Safety Program and implement improvements as needed.
- Undergrad in related field, or a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in safety, preferably in a supervisory or management role.
- A Minimum of 3 years in a plant environment/ manufacturing industry.
- Valid driver's license.
- Demonstrated success at making change and positively impacting safety results.
- Knowledge of Federal and State safety requirement, as well as OSHA standards.
- Well-developed communication skills, both oral and written. Bilingual English/Spanish a plus.
- Ability to train and present information effectively to diverse groups.
- Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter that can prioritize and can adapt to change.