Industrial Skilled Trades is looking for Low Voltage Electricians (1-2 years of experience needed) for an opportunity in the Joliet, IL area. This is a Contract role anticipated to start on November 7th, 2022, with our client who is headquartered in Des Plaines, IL. If you have a proven skillset and strong work ethic this is a great opportunity to join our community of skilled tradesmen and advance your career.
Job Scope: Low Voltage installation at a self-storage facility. Primary duties will be pulling wire, bending pipe, installing security cameras, speakers, and other low voltage equipment. Lots of ladder climbing, bending/stooping, and some tight spaces.
Hours: Start time of 8a. Roughly 50 hours per week.
Per Diem: Travelers eligible for $75/day
Contract Type: Contract
Contract Length: 3-4 Weeks
- Focus on safety
- Read & comprehend tape measure, blueprints, schematics, technical drawings, work orders, instructions, formulas & processing charts
- Must have knowledge of the NEC (National Electrical Code) and OSHA safety standards
- Stand, walk, sit, kneel, and walk up & downstairs on regular basis; climb up and down ladders up to 35 feet high repeatedly per shift
- Work from various heights via platforms, scaffolds, ladders, or man-lifts
- Bend and stretch, lift, and move heavy objects many times per shift
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written. Be able to follow oral and written instructions
- Read, understand, and follow Permit to Work procedures
- Other duties may be assigned or requested
- Must have electrical tools including hand benders as well as all PPE (harness preferred)
- Set up and pull wire and cable
- Terminate power, control, and instrumentation wire and cable
- Electrical theory, work methods, tools, and testing equipment used in the commissioning process
- Regulations pertaining to the electrical and electronic installation, maintenance, and repairs
- Electrical Generation and Distribution basics
- Electrical and electronic schematic diagrams
- Lighting Systems and Distribution Panels
- Report writing and records maintenance
- Occupational hazards, standard safety procedures, and electrical safe work practices
ABOUT OUR CLIENT: Our client is a premier commercial electrical contractor providing reliable electrical services and solutions for businesses. Specializing in ensuring peak electrical function while minimizing cost of maintenance throughout the commercial sector, especially in self-storage facilities. Our client specifically concentrates in commercial electrical installation, service, repair, replacement, and/or upgrades.
ABOUT INDUSTRIAL SKILLED TRADES: IST serves a tight community of proven, skilled tradespeople. As a team member, you are treated with the respect which your value has earned you. This means competitive pay, consistent work, a safety culture that starts at the top, safety training, PPE, swag, travel perks, referral bonuses, and full benefits including 401k with an aggressive match. We know you, your lifestyle, and your needs.