Education Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: One year experience in administration, or equivalent combination of training and/or experience.
Position Summary: Provides administrative and clerical support to field personnel and acts as liaison between corporate office and job sites.
Essential Job Functions
- Administrative: Establish and maintain a professional work environment. Promptly answer the telephone; distribute incoming and outgoing mail; order office supplies and set up and manage FedEx/UPS shipments; respond to radios and Avon staff inquiries; type correspondence reports and other documents as needed to support site activities; and greet visitors in a positive and professional manner.
- Files: Help Site Supervision establish and maintain office documentation systems and files for all departments: Risk Management correspondence (safety meetings and training), Operations correspondence (meeting minutes), Equipment correspondence (equipment parts, inspection activities, walk-around forms, oil charts, maintenance records), and update all necessary forms and materials as directed.
- Equipment: Assist Field Supervision and corporate staff in collecting data on rental equipment, licensing for on-road vehicles, placing equipment numbers on assets, scheduling repairs by Fleet GE Capital Maintenance provider, and tracking “idling time” of equipment.
- Financial: As directed by Site Supervision, assist in selecting and setting up local vendor service accounts; maintain time card system and payroll; and reconcile purchase orders and resolve variances.
- Human Resources: Cooperate with Site Supervision to complete and submit employee documents (W4, I-9, health questionnaires, Training programs, address change, separation of employment, rehire/transfer form, application, EEO form, benefit and insurance information, CDL, HAZMAT, etc.); schedule employee drug screening and CDL physical exams; assure employee orientation packets, Training programs, and Employee Handbooks are in supply; cooperate with EEO monitoring and audits; and return all Human Resource materials to Avon at the end of the project.
- Operations: Assist Site Supervision in establishing utilities and mail service; perform routine office maintenance (cleaning, making coffee, servicing office machines); prepare materials and documents for weekly site management meeting and other meetings as directed by the Superintendent; and run errands as needed.
- Risk Management: Communicate location and access of emergency room and clinic, and post emergency services and telephone numbers.
- Schedule and prepare for meetings involving owners and other local groups.
- Performs other duties per supervisor’s discretion.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to learn Heavy Job payroll system.