Position Requirements: This position is located at our fab shop in Winterville, NC.
Seeking Local Candidates with experience or Grad Students with Auto Cad, Design and Engineering degree
Must have experience with Auto-Cad and ability to learn various software programs as needed.
· Assist estimating, shop/field personnel and other TRC engineers with technical issues as required ensuring successful completion of a job.
· Design equipment and other fabrications once a job is won using the latest edition of AutoCAD. The design must be comprehensive, detailed and have a sequence of fabrication. The design must meet all customer specifications and applicable Codes or Standards. Develop pipe spool drawings utilizing Spool Fab software from customer supplied drawings and models.
· Check shop drawings and work orders. Make changes to Customers’ marked up drawings. Distribute and manage controlled copies of fabrication drawings.
· Identify what weld procedures are required for jobs released to the shop. These WPSs are to be in a table on the fabrication drawing.
· Provide shop work orders and downloads for assigned projects. Learn and stay familiar with TRC’s CNC and nesting software. Produce as-built drawings after a job is complete
· Use E-Tank computer software to perform design calculations for API tanks.
· Provide project updates to the shop scheduler on a weekly basis.
· Become familiar with carbon steel and stainless steel material requirements of the ASME pressure vessel code for the following applications: piping, flanges, fittings, plate, shapes, fasteners and gaskets.
· Provide technical support for field construction as needed. Meet and communicate with customers at the office and in the field as required. Requisition BOM materials for assigned jobs
· Issue subcontract requirements with requisition to Purchasing Department.
· Initiate trucking subcontracts with shipping drawings & weights for oversized/heavy loads.
· Maintain drawing standards and shop work order standards on the Drafting Server. Communicate any updates to the Technical Services Department.
· Perform plate nestings and difficult CAD layouts as required by jobs or by the Estimating Department for quoting purposes.
· Stay up-to-date and communicate new drafting software to the Technical Services Department.
· Perform Safe Behavior Observations (SBOs) on shop floor (when available).
· Perform final visual check on projects before they are prepared for shipment; sign the QA Checklist when complete.
· Observe projects during fabrication and provide insight & helpful tips to all personnel as required.
· Learn Roberts’ take-off program and perform take-offs on vessels, HXs, duct and other shop or field projects.
· Learn Roberts’ summary program and stay proficient in managing assigned estimates to meet bid due dates.
· Learn to write Bid Proposals on Roberts’ proposal templates and review with management prior to delivering/sending to the potential customer.
· Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Complete miscellaneous tasks assigned by management.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Unless you are given a written contract signed by the President of The Roberts Company specifying an employment term, your employment is considered “at-will”. This means that both the Company and the employee have the right to terminate employment at any time with or without cause. Nothing in this handbook, nor any oral or written representation by an employee, official, Manager, or Supervisor of this Company shall be construed as a contract of employment, unless the President signs the written contract of employment.
To give equal employment and advancement opportunities to all people, we make employment decisions at the Roberts Company based on each person’s performance, qualification, and abilities, the Roberts Company does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by the law.