Education Requirements: Mechanic knowledge usually obtained through a 2 year post-secondary degree.
Position Summary: Troubleshoots and repairs all types of heavy equipment, operates equipment to diagnose problems, and inspects equipment for defects.
Essential Job Functions
- Performs repairs on all types of heavy equipment.
- Operates equipment to diagnose problems, and inspects equipment for defects.
- Assists supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates with a variety of mechanic and related tasks as necessary.
- Becomes aware of safety precautions and understands safety and occupational hazards of work.
- Reads and follows a service manual.
- Orders parts and properly completes part requisition forms.
- Writes thorough repair summaries.
- Trains other personnel as needed.
- Performs other duties per supervisor’s discretion.
- Work with oiler to ensure Preventative Maintenance is completed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A working knowledge of construction equipment maintenance including electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, emissions, diesel, gasoline, and record keeping systems.
- Possess a CDL and ability to obtain Hazmat endorsement.
- Must have own assortment of tools.
*All job offers are contingent upon receiving a negative drug/alcohol test result and a satisfactory physical examination designed solely to determine your physical ability to perform the duties of the positing being offered to you. Field employees are subject to random drug testing.