Riley Power Group, LLC is a full-service maintenance and capital construction services company headquartered in Pinehurst, NC. We work nationwide on some of the most challenging, exciting construction & maintenance projects in the industrial sector. We are currently hiring skilled Boiler Plan Operator(s) for a short-term position in near Newport News, VA. If you are a hardworking person who possesses the skills and ability to perform the job as outlined below, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Functions of this position may include but, are not limited to:
1. Knowledge of the Basic Steam Cycle
2. Knowledge of boiler water / feed water chemistry
3. Safe operation of 600psi steam generation plants through all transient load changes and conditions
4. Experience in the operation of automated boiler control systems. (Console Operator)
5. Experience in the operation of burner management systems
6. Experience in the operation of various types of pumps. (Positive displacement, centrifugal)
7. Experience in the operation of all auxiliary equipment required to operate a closed loop system
8. Experience in the operation and function of the different valve types. (Gate, globe, actuated, needle, diaphragm)
9. Safe transfer of fuel oil from barge to shore based storage tanks
10. Experience in the regeneration of grade B water systems
11. Experience in the operation of mixed bed demineralizers
Please note that the essential job functions listed above are not intended to be all-encompassing. Employee may be asked to perform tasks which are not listed in this description but may also be considered essential for employment.
RPG is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, criminal history, ancestry, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or discharge from military service. RPG provides its services to many clients in their various business sectors who may have physical, mental, pre-employment screening and/ or citizenship requirements. These requirements are driven by contracts and/ or security requirements that RPG is required to adhere to and which may vary between clients and their respective high-security industries. Misrepresentation or falsification of qualifications or background information is grounds for termination, denial of employment and/ or disqualification from future employment consideration.