In this position, while working in a construction environment, you will primarily perform quality assurance testing on concrete, soil, asphalt, and masonry. You will then communicate test results to onsite representatives and completing reports to document. All training is provided for entry level and experienced candidates.
Materials Testing Consultants, Inc. (MTC) is a multi-disciplinary firm that specializes in geotechnical engineering, construction materials engineering and testing, and environmental consulting. We provide service from both our corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan and out of our South East office in Ann Arbor, Michigan; our services cover the entire Great Lakes Region. To learn more go to our website! www.mtc-test.com
- Perform testing and observations on commercial construction projects
- Complete daily report of observation and accurately record test results.
- Monitor work procedures for compliance with project specifications.
- Professional communication with client representatives (supervisor, foremen, project managers, engineers, etc.) at project sites and project supervisors in-house.
- Perform other duties or functions as assigned or requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High School degree required
- Ability to travel and stay overnight for non-local projects when necessary.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must pass drug screen, physical and background check.
- Effective communication skills.
- Regular lifting up to 50 lbs.
MTC offers competitive compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision and disability insurance, 401(k) plan with matching contribution, paid vacation and sick time, 7 paid holidays, gym membership reimbursement, and vacation reimbursement. MTC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.