Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree, specializing in Information Technology.
Experience: At least eight years of experience managing high performing technical teams. Five years managing large fast paced business portfolios. Three years managing agile application development teams developing in databases, ERPs and scripting languages.
Position Summary: This position will provide forward thinking solutions, strategies and management that will shape the path for our application developers and IT project delivery leads to build and deliver integrations between our systems, 3rd parties, and the business that builds customer satisfaction and trust. The position facilitates adherence to an Agile/Scrum methodology for project execution. The ideal candidate will combine strong leadership skills, hands-on technical capabilities, and the aptitude for effectively managing technology to meet business goals. Able to prepare and present IT solution recommendations, status updates, and present business value propositions to the highest levels of business and IT leadership.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage an Agile project delivery methodology and team, including implementation of appropriate requirements, prioritization of tasks, change management, and quality assurance.
- Ensure team is working with business subject matter experts to identify and document business requirements for projects to ensure development meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Escalation path to providing regular communication to business stakeholders about the progress, risk, and changes to the sprint scope and schedule.
- Implement an effective system of project governance and create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC) and application lifecycle management (ALM).
- Support development operations (DevOps), working closely with business UAT, QA testers and IT operations to streamline the delivery of software releases into production, while mitigating customer impact.
- Support release and deployment activities, ensuring that all software-related deployment tasks are planned and executed successfully.
- Identifies and promotes pairing and cross training opportunities to enrich the expertise of the team and limit constraints or deficiencies of specific skills across the team.
- Has responsibility for the smooth implementation of change into the production environment by ensuring ITIL disciplines are followed.
- Participate in strategic technology direction; evaluate and recommend products and systems in key technology areas proposed by peers or users; work cooperatively with technical personnel in all business units to accomplish enterprise-wide goals; identify, recommend and implement process improvements in support of the ERP system.
- Document and maintain disaster recovery plan for company ERP and other business critical systems.
- Perform cost/benefit analysis on potential software and hardware upgrades and purchases.
- Manage outside customers and vendors with professionalism. Ensure contracts are kept up to date and cost maintenance strategies are assessed and analyzed on a periodic basis.
- Know the company's Vision, Purpose, and Values along with your department's business plan and take every opportunity to communicate it through actions and/or words.
- Manage IT application development budget. Prepares and reviews operational reports or project progress reports.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels. Utilize KPIs and other metrics to measure team and individual success.
Additional Job Functions
- Identify opportunities for streamlining work and reducing waste in order to improve efficiency.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Occasional travel required for training and development; as well as travel to project sites to ensure successful project roll-out and discovery.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong breadth of knowledge in ERP software technologies, including but not limited to, Enterprise One, Insight, HCSS Heavy Job, Microsoft SQL, Qsoftware, JDE Solution Explorer toolset, Oracle Application Server, Primavera.
- With access to company information, confidentiality is of utmost importance.
- Knowledge of middleware solutions and development.
- Strong project management and team management skills (e.g. planning, budgetary control, people management etc.).
- Coaching and leading organizations in Agile Methodology.
- Passion to lead successful team efforts and projects exceeding expectations.
- Communicates with senior and executive levels within the company effectively.
- Work independently, require minimal supervision.
- Customer focused demeanor.
- Priority setting ability.
- Organized and efficient.
- Ability to travel Occasionally.