We are currently looking for Sheet Metal Canidates to work on a large industrial project in the Ellabell, GA area.
Fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs sheet metal duct work, as well as VAV boxes, fan coil units, exhaust fans, reheat coils etc.
- Sheet metal mechanics should be proficient in blueprint reading and have an all-around knowledge of duct work and various HVAC equipment installation.
- Sheet metal mechanic will be assigned an area or a system of duct and issued a set of blueprints.
- Mechanic will be given a helper and he/she should be able to read blueprints, layout the hangers, find the elevations, and install hangers for the line of duct, after hanger install the mechanic should be able to pick their line of duct, assemble and hang the duct according to the plans.
- Mechanic is also responsible for ensuring the duct is installed neatly and sealed for testing.
- Select gauge and type of sheet metal according to product being fabricated and knowledge of metal.
- Locate and mark dimension and reference lines on metal sheet.
- Set up and operate soldering and welding equipment to join together sheet metal parts.
- Smooth seams, joints, or burred surfaces, using files and portable grinder or buffer.
- Install assemblies in plant or work site according to blueprint specifications, using hand tools and portable power tools.
- Inspect assemblies and installation for conformance with specifications, using measuring instruments such as calipers, scales, and micrometer.
- Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
- Workers should be able to rate information using personal judgement or standards that can be measured or checked
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy and perform a variety of duties which may change often.
- Use reason and logic to perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately.
- See detail in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes or shadings; and picture flat drawings as 3-dimensional objects.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Significant travel may be required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, in workboats, and working in awkward body positions.
Toolbox with lock. Left, Right, and Straight snips, large flat head screw driver, crimpers, hand tongs, line up pins, cleat tools, standard wrench or socket set, vice grips, channel locks, 25’ tape measure, 2lb hammer, sheet metal hammer, 5/16, ¼ & 3/8 nut drivers, laser plumb bob, chalk line, flex knife, side cutters, and finger tongs.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Century Contractors offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled