Journeyman Pipe Welder Job Description
The Piper Welder’s role it to coordinate with he job site manager to configure pipe system layouts to construct accurate pipe lines form ISOs, drawing, and P&I.D.s This is achieved by taking field measurements; reading ISOs, drawings, and P&I.D.s; welding stick or TIG, for carbon or stainless steel pipe; hanging piping; installing pipe and valves; and securing pipe with supports. The Pipe Welder will apply proven abilities to work with in precise limits or standards of accuracy, the use of logical step-by-step procedures in work, safety, planning, decision making, and problem solving on a daily basis to meet the basic requirements of a DL Jones Construction Journeyman Pipe Welder.
Job Location: Wahpeton, North Dakota
Journeyman Pipe Welder Responsibilities/Abilities
- Coordinate with job site manager to configure pipe system layout.
- Weld in an overhead, laying, or standing position.
- Pass a visual inspection onsite of 2” carbon steel stick weld.
- Pass a visual inspection onsite of 2” stainless steel TIG weld.
- Use saws and cutting torches to craft proper pipe size.
- Modify, clean, and maintain pipe systems, fittings, and related equipment.
- Repair leaks and damaged lines.
- Demolition of pipelines.
- Able to lift up to 80 lbs. regularly.
- Able to climb up and down stairs regularly.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to work at heights without fear.