Start Date- Immediately, Duration- Long Term Contract, Location- Houston, TX
Job purpose: Mission:
The GIS Specialist role will support the execution and delivery of GIS tasks/scopes for TFMC clients, from project execution through the life of the field, within the Field Performance group of Life of Field Services.
The GIS Specialist shall be expected to effectively interface with TFMC, partner and client teams to deliver routine to moderately complex GIS scopes.
This position will require an understanding of utilizing GIS concepts for spatial and non-spatial data analysis, specifically for the Oil and Gas industry.
The GIS Specialist will serve as a technical GIS resource and handle resolutions for requests, issues and problems pertaining to GIS-related tasks.
The responsibilities of the GIS Specialist include, but not limited to:
• Act as a Task Lead to support project GIS scopes
• Helps mentor junior GIS staff while supporting the GIS & Digital Manager
• Assist the GIS & Digital Manager on proposals related to GIS & Digital Services
• Assist GIS & Digital Manager in establishing project GIS standards, workflows and procedures
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision on small to moderately sized projects and as an effective team member on large projects
• Needs to be proficient in using ESRI ArcGIS software to fulfill project GIS scopes
• Reviews and interprets disparate data sources to develop, maintain and deliver GIS data products
• Utilize geoprocessing, spatial analysis and 3D analysis to perform project GIS tasks
• Able to interface with other project disciplines to further the completion and delivery of project GIS scopes
• Perform QA/QC checks of GIS scopes to ensure accuracy and completeness of tasks in accordance of internal and client standards