Casey Industrial is one of North America's leading industrial privately held construction and infrastructure companies celebrating 70 years of operations. Casey industrial builds process mechanical and electrical projects including Power Generation, Wood Products and General Manufacturing projects across the U.S. Delivering heavy mechanical and electrical construction projects under a variety of contracting methods, Casey Industrial has unparalleled expertise in design-build, P6 and CMGC and we are proud to have constructed some of North America's most notable projects.
At Casey Industrial, we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the best talent. No matter your role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to our success as we deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
Here are just a few of the benefits you will experience as a part of Casey Industrial:
- Competitive Wages; Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance; Flex Spending Account; Short and Long-Term Disability; Wellness Program; 401k with a Company Match; Paid Time Off; Paid Holidays
General Job Description
The Project Engineer is responsible for supporting and assisting the Project Manager or Sr. Project Engineer with the overall project administration and management of a large construction project. The Project Engineer will oversee and manage a portion of the field office staff, which could include: engineers, office manager, document control, schedulers, procurement, warehouse, and other support personnel on the project. The Project Engineer will setup and implement the weekly project controls as directed by the Project Manager or Sr. Project Engineer.
The Project Engineer will be continually evaluating the overall status of the project, searching for those things that have potential to negatively or positively impact the project goals and objectives. Effective performance in this role requires a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the current project situation, as well as the project scope, Prime contract, Corporate and Project goals. The role requires interfacing with all areas affected by the project including the client(s), engineering/design, subcontractors, distributors, vendors, and the ongoing strategic communication with project management regarding the status of the project.
- Proficient using project scheduling, cost controls, tracking and reporting methodologies and able to execute under direction.
- Read and understand project drawings, specifications, technical data, assembly methods, and O&M manuals
- Lead constructability reviews and task plans to improve the execution of the project.
- Knowledge of financial principles to quantify costs and benefits of projects, and to track against budgets
- Demonstrated business skills including: communication skills, relationship development, and business acumen
- Self-motivated; capable of taking initiative, successfully handle and prioritize multiple competing assignments and effectively manage deadlines
- Interpersonal and communication skills to coordinate team efforts, provide direction to team members, and communicate project objectives, parameters, status, and outcomes to stakeholders
- Written and verbal communication with ability to serve as a spokesperson for Company
- Function as one of the key Project Leaders on the project
- Have ability to step in as a Sr. Project Superintendent as needed, and lead and direct the field operations
- Scheduling: When there is no designated Scheduler assigned to the project, the Project Engineer shall maintain the schedule through regular updates, with information obtained from the appropriate members of the team
- Contract Management: Know the provisions, terms and scope of the Prime contract. Maintain a contract notice/deliverables list identifying milestone commitments and any documentation requirements.
- Subcontract Administration and Management: Assemble drawings and specifications to support the process of obtaining bids from qualified subcontractors, selecting a qualified candidate, and negotiating the subcontract. As the work progresses, the Project Engineer may be called to act as a liaison between the project team and the subcontractor.
- Have held role of Project Engineer (II) for 2 years and successfully completed their scope of work on 2 projects (executed accurately and successfully all requirements of a Project Engineer)
- Manage up to 7 direct reports
- Oversee and execute the project controls and management of a $30 million project
- Lead/direct a field staff of 100 people for short periods if needed
- 5 years of experience
- Written and verbal communication with ability to serve as a limited spokesperson for Company
- Willing to travel extensively and relocate to a project location for an extended period (typically 6-12 months)
- Ability to adapt and become an influential leader of Casey’s culture and values
Experience with Auto Cad and 3D Modeling, Primavera 6, and Microsoft Office. Experience with Spectrum Construction Software and Primavera scheduling software is a plus
This position is a Full-Time salaried position. The schedule can vary based on the project requirements. Typically, 50 hours/week.