Why you should apply
A career with plenty of room to grow. Great benefits right off the bat. An unparalleled culture that prizes work/home balance and lifestyle above all else. A work-family that becomes family-family. The real question is why wouldn’t you apply?
What We’re Looking For
What You’ll Do
As the Construction Manager, you will play a critical role in the success of our projects. While working under the direction of the Project Manager, you will be a key leader in the management and growth of our field personnel, while being the on-site point of contact for our customers during each phase of construction. With a focus on proper execution of site procedures, safety practices, expense management, and daily project reporting. You will ensure the delivery of a quality product while maintaining a safe working environment.
- Accepts ownership of all job site activities and personnel to include on-site planning, material & equipment management, process execution, and safety.
- Ability to oversee and report daily progress to the project team, ensuring completion on time and within budget.
- Ability to interpret and manage construction activities based on installation standards, project files, drawings, documents & records.
- Lead Benchmarking, shareholder review, and approval activities based on Installation standards.
- Experience with basic project and construction coordination, including planning, scheduling, cost management, change order identification, procurement of material/receiving, and customer relations.
- Ability to manage field personnel and subcontractors to complete projects on time and within budget.
- Experience with the installation and maintenance of construction projects.
- Hold daily “Tailgate” meetings prior to work to discuss job site hazards, JHA completion, daily objections, and best practices.
- Ability to uphold and facilitate our safety policy and the documentation of safety incidents.
- Coach/mentor employees while providing feedback on performance.
- Experience with and ability to implement on-site training for field personnel.
- Development and implementation of project procedures, schedules, and standards.
- Provide technical assistance such as interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods, specify and order materials, tools, and equipment.
- Review employee’s time and expenses ensuring accuracy and accountability.
- Manage crew efficiency and assess task-based time.
- Responsible to communicate conflicts or issues that have the potential to affect the schedule.
- Willing to lead by example and work alongside the field technicians when needed.
- Build and manage a weekly schedule with a forecasted 3-week look ahead.
- Adherence to local labor laws – Journeyman to Apprentice ratios.
- On-site company representative with strong communication skills, responsible for interactions with Inspectors, customers, landowners, OSHA, etc.
- Aid in engineering constructability, design, review, and execution planning.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Site Coordinator(s)
- Site Foreman
- Site Sub-Contractor(s)/Vendors
- A bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management, related field, or equivalent combination of experience/education.
- Knowledge of electrical construction.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Effectively interface with all levels of management, staff, and customers (conference calls, bid walks, etc.)
- Competency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Must be available to travel extensively (up to 100%) within regional states, including overnight stays for up to weeks at a time if required.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that represents a history of safe & competent driving.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, and drive or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of working in inclement conditions to include extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be physically capable of manually digging & back-filling holes and trenches.
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 80 lbs.
We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid health, dental, life, long-term disability, vacation, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with company match.