&E Design Technician
Project Length: 1-year renewable contract (Long Term)
Location: Borger, TX
Company: Oil & Gas Client
SPI Admin is responsible for the implementation, education and maintenance for the local domain other duties include the I&E Designer role:
I&E Designer is responsible for the technical accuracy and quality of CAD drawings and will create and revise I&E drawings throughout the design and MOC processes.
Responsibilities may include:
- Constructing, Maintaining, and assigning Loop numbers, Instrument tags, Junction Boxes, Marshalling Cabinets, I/O Cards, HPMs, Remote I/O cabinets and associated wiring assistance to inside and outside contractors.
- Preparing Claims and Merges Buffer files for Corporate Admins to process.
- Prepare accurate and complete drawings using practical design knowledge.
- Coordinate with other disciplines and assist lead engineer and/or designer to ensure effective quality product.
- Keep up to date on new design processes, modeling, drafting techniques, and IMS and standards.
- Field walk outs, drawing searches and retrievals, creating construction scope documents and revisions to drawings via redline mark ups with some drafting.
- Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower cost and improve work quality and facilitate maintenance.
- Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches or applying existing criteria in novel ways.
- Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used.
- Resolve project issues and problems.
- Provide technical guidance to co-workers.
- Contribute to a team environment by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Ensure alignment between all disciplines that are involved with 3D CAD to prepare for model reviews and issue deliverables.
- Performing job duties safely and championing the safety of others.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States on a regular, full-time basis without restrictions.
- Technical college graduation with 5 years’ of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, are required
- 5 years of experience in instrument design.
- Successfully completed a SPI Admin training class
- Ability to integrate new technologies into daily work processes.
- Experience working with other disciplines understanding their interface requirements.
- Experience with design and/or construction of heavy industrial facilities desirable.
- In depth knowledge of Instrumentation standards, methods and practices required.
- Proficient in the following software: SPI, AutoCAD, 3D CAD, Smartplant 3D and PDS.
- 5 Years of SPI experience.
- Basic design and construction knowledge required.
- Familiar with PIP Standards.
- Working knowledge of NEC, IEC, ISA & IEEE design complying with industry standards.
- Ability to generate 3D model using 3D CAD and Smartplant 3D.
- 2 or more years of experience working in refining and/or chemicals industry in the field of electrical engineering
- 10 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and related field experience.
- 15 years’ of experience in instrument design.
- 10 Years of SPI experience is Preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience working in refining and/or chemicals industry in the field of electrical engineering