- Successful candidate will be a member of the F-35 Center Fuselage IPT, supporting the assembly of the Center Fuselage at Northrop Grumman’s Palmdale Aircraft Integration Center.
- Candidate should be experienced in structural analysis methods including large NASTRAN models of metallic and advanced composite structures.
- MRB stress analysis, detailed hand analysis, FEM analysis (PATRAN/NASTRAN preferred), layout sizing, durability and damage tolerance (DaDT) of aircraft structures, acoustic/dynamic evaluations.
- Responsible for liaison support in an MRB environment which includes analysis of parts and installation of these parts in the JSF Center Fuselage.
- Experience should include the development and first-hand assembly line support of aircraft structural parts and assemblies utilizing metallic/composite materials (launch vehicle experience considered).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 5+ years of engineering experience OR
- Master’s Degree in STEM and 3 years of engineering experience.
- Analytical experience with metallic and composite structures.
- Finite element analysis.
- Must be able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- MRB experience in the aerospace industry.
- Analysis of composite structures.
- DaDT analysis.