The Pipe Fitter’s role is to coordinate with the job site manager to configure pipe system layouts to construct accurate pipe lines from ISOs, drawings, and P&I.D.s. This is achieved by taking field measurements; reading ISOs, drawings, and P&I.D.s; cutting, threading, and beveling pipe; hanging piping; installing pipe and valves; and securing pipe with supports. The Pipe Fitter will apply proven abilities to work with in precise limits or standards of accuracy, the use of logical step-by-step procedures in work, safety, planning, decision making, and problem solving skills on a daily basis to meet the basic requirements of a DL Jones Construction Pipe Fitter employee.
• Coordinate with job site manager to configure pipe system layout.
• Read and draw up ISO metric sketches to FAB from.
• Read and understand P&I.D.
• Cut, thread, and bevel pipes according to pipe system specs.
• Install piping and valves.
• Secure pipe to walls and fixtures using brackets, clamps, and steel supports.
• Cut and bore holes in bulkheads, floors, decks, walls, and mains, prior to pipe installation.
• Demolition of pipe lines.
• Able to lift up to 80 lbs regularly
• Able to climb up and down stairs regularly
• Able to stand for long periods of time
• Able to work at heights without fear