2021 operations are in full swing for our North Slope client - we are recruiting for an entry level Emergency Response Technician. This position is located on the Alpine field and set for 12-month contract, renewable. 2 weeks on 2 week off schedule.
Competentia offers very competitive wages, 3% 401K match (immediately vested), a variety of outstanding medical benefit plans to choose from and an unmatched level of customer service.
Scope of work
- Provides field support of respiratory equipment to include air compressors, air sampling, required testing and maintenance and repair of field emergency response equipment. In addition this position may also be a member of the Fire, Medical, Rescue, and Spill Response teams.
- Provides spill response and environmental management support to the assigned area.
- Performs safety audits, identify and record hazard analyses of specific jobs.
- Performs site inspections around the assigned facility to ensure areas are free from all environmental and safety risks.
- Typically requires up to 3 years of experience. Entry level.
- Provides technical and/or administrative support.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn terminology, applications and standard procedures for performing the job function.
- Performs routine, basic office/field tasks using established procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Competentia is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Competentia, participates in E-Verify as required by law.