Marine OUTSIDE MACHINIST JOURNEYMAN
$20.00 - $23.00 Hourly ($80 Per diem for Non-local)
Outside Machinist Journeyman are responsible for accomplishing work in accordance with work specifications safety, with the highest quality, in a professional manner.
Outside Machinists Journeyman is also responsible for removing, installing, and testing main and auxiliary shipboard equipment including but not limited to: Main Reduction Gears (MRG), pumps, valves, hydraulic equipment, steam equipment, valves, propellers, bearings, etc. on maritime vessels including US Navy, Military Sealift Command, and commercial.
Must have tools.
Available to work all shifts.
All candidates must have OSHA 10 Hour Maritime Shipyard pre employment and confined space training prior to start of work. The Jacksonville office does have the ability to teach both of these requirements prior to start of work for qualified candidates
Per Diem available to those who qualify.
Outside Machinist should have 5 Years experience as an outside machinist working on all ship board components
Valves ,pumps , motors , rudders ,feed pumps and MOV~s .Also have tools for the trades and tool box.
Have the ability to do alignments on pump and motors.
Typically has a High School diploma or equivalent five (5) years directly related experience.
POSITION DEMANDS (Required Experience)
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience working on ships
- Must have full knowledge of WAF’s
- Must be able to complete work with little guidance from Supervisor.
- Must have basic knowledge of Standard Items and Navy Work Items
- Must have basic knowledge of shop equipment and their uses
- Must be able to work well with others and a team environment
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug test
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check.
Have Propulsion experience of the following:
- Shafting repairs and alignment, fixed and controllable pitch
- Propellers removed and installed
- Rudders repair and installed
- Tool Operation Requirements:
- Operator grinder, fixed and portable
- Operate drill presses, fixed and portable
- Fixed Presses
- Porta powers
- Hydraulic jacks
- Torches and Torque Wrenches
Must be able to access all Navy installations and other shipyards. Must have YOUR OWN reliable transportation. Must be able to work aboard vessels, climb ladders, and work in tanks and confined spaces. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment. Must be able to work evening and weekend hours. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of weight.
A limited benefit plan is available to Hutco, Inc. employees through Essential Staff Care. Available plans include:
· Medical / Prescription
· Dental Coverage
· Vision Coverage
· Short Term Disability Benefits
· Term Life Benefits
· Accidental Death & Dismemberment Benefit
CONTACT HUTCO TODAY!
Apply Online at www.hutcoinc.com
Send resumes to email@example.com
Hutco, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).