Crowder is a Drug Free Workplace and E-Verify Employer
REQUIREMENTS: ALL Applicants must be:
- 18 years of Age
- Able to Pass a Drug Test
- Legally Eligible to Work in the US
- Additional Requirements for Craftworkers:
- Must have own transportation to and from jobsite every work day (driver's license not required)
- Must provide own hand tools (excluding power tools)
- May be expected to travel where the project requires (multi-state opportunities)
Primary function of a Carpenter
Construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, wallboard, and concrete, using carpenter’s hand tools and power tools, also must conform to local building codes. Construct built-in-place or prefabricated forms, according to specifications, for molding concrete structures. Study blueprints and diagrams to determine type and dimension of forms to be constructed.
Typical Duties include but are not limited to:
- Study blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information pertaining to the type of material required, such as lumber or fiberboard, and dimensions of the structure or fixture to be fabricated.
- Select specified type of lumber or other materials.
- Prepare layout, using a rule or measuring tape and framing square.
- Mark cutting and assembly lines on materials, using a pencil, chalk, and marking gage.
- Shape materials to prescribed measurements, using saws, chisels, and planes.
- Assemble cut and shaped materials and fasten them together with nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Construct forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erect scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above the ground level.
- Saw lumber to blueprint dimensions, using a handsaw or power saw, and nail lumber together to make form panels.
- Erect built-in-place forms or assemble and install prefabricated forms on the construction site according to blueprint specifications, using hand tools, plumb, rule and level.
- Insert spreaders and tie rods between opposite faces of forms to maintain specified dimensions.
- Anchor and brace forms to fixed objects, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, and timbers.
- Some assembly of forms may be required by bolt up connections.
- Layout and install embeds in concrete form-work.
- Proficient in rigging and flagging cranes.
- Must be safety minded and adhere to all safety policies in addition to passing a test in reference to safe operation in a trench.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Work within precise standards of accuracy
- Must have basic carpenter tools
- Rate information using standards, which can be measured or checked
- Compare and see differences in the size, shape, and forms of lines, figures, and objects
- Look at flat drawings or pictures and understand how they look as 3 dimensional solid objects
- Must follow policies and procedures and support Crowder Construction Company’s goals and values.
At the heart of Crowder’s Mission Statement is the commitment to “make a positive difference in the lives of our employees.” Our comprehensive benefits package is custom-designed to achieve that goal through access to the following benefits:
- Health Plans, including Medical, Dental and Vision
- Healthcare Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program with Incentives
- 401k Savings and Profit Sharing Plan with Matching Contributions
- Life/AD&D Insurance
- Supplemental Voluntary and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness
- Company Paid Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Crowder YOUniversity Career-Based Training
- Educational Assistance
- Direct Deposit
Benefits may vary based on position and length of employment.
Click the Apply button above to be considered for the opening.