Location: Brandenburg, KY
Pay Rate: Up to $30/ Hour + $100 Per Diem
Hours:60/Week + Additional When Needed; work through September (potential for longer)
Systems is looking for an experienced Combo Pipe Welder that is ready to hit the ground running in Brandenburg, KY! This person must be able to weld both carbon steel and stainless-steel pipe. This position is short term with per diem.
We are a family-owned company with over 50 years experience of designing, building, and maintaining steel mills. We have always looked for employees who desire a career, not just a job with a company, and we have strived to be the kind of company that people want to stay with long-term. Not only is it our motto but it is our true belief that, “Our Employees Make The Difference”.
Combo Pipe Welder Job Responsibilities:
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly
- Weld together metal components of products such as piping systems, plate, pipe and tube or structural shapes, as specified by layout, blueprints, diagram, work order, welding procedures, or oral instructions, using electric arc-welding equipment
- Plan installation or repair to avoid obstructions and to avoid interfering with activities of other workers
- Secure pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand tools and power tools
- Weld in any direction - flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead positions
Benefits – Company subsidized health insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, paid vacation, and opportunities for continuing education, such as NCCER certifications and our in-house Welding Training Program.
Combo Pipe Welder Job Skills:
- Must be able to observe and recognize problems during the welding process and adjust speed, voltage, amperage, or feed of the rod
- Must be able to read and interpret prints and plans
- Must be able to properly use tools
- Must be able to weld both carbon steel and stainless-steel pipe
- Must be able to do basic math
- Must be able to make precise measurements
- Use stick, mig, tig, and flux core welding techniques to weld various components in varying positions
Experience and Requirements:
- Combo Pipe Welding in an industrial setting is preferred
- OSHA Approved Met-Guard boots (annual company allowance provided)
- Must be able to weld and pass qualification test coupons during pre-employment test
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen
So, do you think you have what it takes to join The Systems Family? Apply Now!